Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic blood pressure Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:13:31 PM  Show Profile
I know I've been under a lot of stress lately, but did my blood pressure yesterday at the drug store kiosk and it was 159/95. that's the fourth time in the last six months it's been over 150. I don't know much about blood pressure, should I do anything about this or ???

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Please get to the dr. That blood pressure is way too high. Normal is 120/80. They medicated me with a blood pressure at 140/85. Have your blood pressure that high puts u at great risk for stroke and heart attack.
Praying,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  8:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Yes go to the doctor,not only could you have a stoke or heart attack there are other health problems that come from living with high blood pressure. I got very sick and was off almost two weeks of work until I got mine in control, but mine was 220/107! Good luck let us know what you find out.
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:43:31 PM  Show Profile
I agree with roxanne and ruth ann-please follow up with your doctor just to be on the safe side!!
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  03:56:04 AM  Show Profile
220/107 ! are you alright now ? guess I will give the doc a call for some advice
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  04:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Yes I am just fine now, that has been about a year and half ago. I had a lot stress in my live that I was able to take care, things are much better now. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  4:20:09 PM  Show Profile
that's good roxanna, have a doctor appt for monday
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  7:19:32 PM  Show Profile
I have a very low bloodpressure, 96/67 but I am taking meds and I have another appointment in the hospital this afternoon to have it checked again. Extreme dizziness is one of the symptoms......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  9:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Patricia, so glad your going the doctor Monday, keep me posted. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Marian, did you find out anything yet? When your bp is low drink lots of fluids it will help.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  07:04:11 AM  Show Profile
There are a lot of things that can trigger high blood pressure so getting it checked out is important. Mine is caused by my thyroid. Amazing what chaos that little thing can cause in a woman's body. Stress reduction and yoga help considerably for me.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  07:16:03 AM  Show Profile
Roxanne, yes I always drink lot's of fluids. Both due to the heat here and because of the low bloodpressure as well. It is still the same, went to the dr today......for the dizziness. The low bloodpressure is not a big problem, due to the heat bp's are lower here than in Western countries he told us...so am not too worried about that. The dizziness is another story, am on meds...Monday will have an EEG to be sure, but he thinks it is also something with my inner ear..balance etc. But to be absolutely certain will have the EEG just to rule out anything else. And after that will probably get other meds. Normal(ly) people react to the meds..but not me (what's new duh):D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I hope everything works out ok dizziness is such a terrible feeling and can lead to falls. My mom use to get inner ear infections and would be so dizzy, good luck, I will be for praying for you, kept me posted. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile
saw my doctor this morning, BP was 156/88 in the office so have some bloodwork to do, he put me on a medication, and I go back in two weeks
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Patricia -

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm also extremely glad you went to the doctor. Easter weekend I suffered a stroke in my eye due to high blood pressure. Thing is, there was no warning, no symptoms, nothing. I had had high blood pressure in the past, but we all thought it was under control. I felt fine. Not a sign, not an inkling... nothing. Now I have permanent loss of vision in part of my left eye. Thankfully, it wasn't worse than where it was, but what really scared me was that the eye doctor told me that I was probably having little strokes all over my body and didn't even know it. They only reason they found it was because it happened in my eye. He said that's why it's called the silent killer. And women are an extremely high risk. I'm only 46 years old, girlfriend. I take pretty good care of myself, too, although I'm a tad overweight (working on that, but it's not easy at this age, let me tell you!). I don't drink, I don't do drugs (even hate medicines!), I don't smoke... I have a normal, happy life, with normal stresses and strains - nothing out of the ordinary, nothing earth-shattering. This just hit out of the blue. Had it not happened this way, who knows what could've happened. In the grand scheme of it all, it's just a small price to pay to find out something was wrong, huh? But please, stick with it, okay? Do what they tell you, take the medication... whatever it takes. Don't let it slide. You're too important. We love you. You've been through a lot lately, and that wears a body down. You have to try to take care of yourself in the midst of all this, okay? I'm praying for you, too!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  9:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Patricia, don't get upset if your bp is still a little when you go back , it takes time to get in under control. That was the same thing they did when I went in the first time, blood work was fine, so just continued on meds. I take a ace-inhibitor, which one of the side effects is a cough, which I have. We tried a beta blocker, but they didn't work for me, so I went back on the lisinopril. Kept us posted. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  6:56:05 PM  Show Profile
Roxanna, my doc put me on lisinopril, just seem to be more tired if that's possible or maybe it is just the stress. will do the lab work saturday morning and see where we are then. i keep saying thanks, but it doesn't seem to be very much for you all who share, give advice and support. I wish i could meet you in person, but if not please know I am very grateful for all of it it really does help.
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  06:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Patricia, I was very tired, things will return to normal, it just takes time. They put me on hydrochilorothiazide also, which is a water pill to take with my lisinopril I took it for awhile but my bp dropped to low so now I take if my bp get a little high. Normally about once a week. Right now I am dealing with a bug in my lungs and nasal, this crazy weather. I work in a nursing home, and my residents God love them forget to cover their mouths with they cough! I started on amoxicillin so maybe that will kick it,I have to work all week-end, so I hope if I rest today and take my meds it will start helping, but I'll miss seeing my 2 grandsons today, bummer.Where is Parma Ohio? Thank you, is enough, we all need a support system! Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  06:53:21 AM  Show Profile
I'll keep all of that in mind, I go back in a week to talk to him about it. Parma is a southern suburb of Cleveland, about 80,000 people. my husband grew up here. I myself grew up in the country, Wood county Ohio outside Bowling Green
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic blood pressure Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page