Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 As Fall and Winter round the corner....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic As Fall and Winter round the corner.... Next Topic  

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  1:47:20 PM  Show Profile
what handcrafts have you in store to work on through the cold months while you can't be out int he garden as much?

I have two massive counted cross stich projects that I have already started, one of which I want to have done for the fair next year.

I also have lots of new patterns to try out, a few baby clothes for Zoe and a few things for Grace....matching sister dresses for Yule.

I have altered book projects that I want to get finished up as well, not to mention the tea towel exchange and a few aprons I have inthe mix already.

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

*~*Birth is SAFE Interferance is RISKY. TRUST BIRTH*~*

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  2:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I never know what I am working on tomorrow let alone that far ahead. I might even change my mind in one hour what I am working on today. I only plan things like that as gift like for christmas I am making all my husbands sister aprons made from a stash of fabric from his grandmothers attic in montana.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:41:15 PM  Show Profile
Tasha,

I've been behind in projects ever since I had my first child 23 years ago! Finally my nest is empty and I'm going to be catching up (I hope). I plan on knitting a LOT and also plan on piecing at least 2 quilt tops. I have fibromyalgia so I can't sit in one place very long, so I'll probably hire out the quilting part. Or maybe tie them with a wool batting. On my really bad pain days I can lay on my back and knit or read!
I haven't actually gardened other than flowers in pots for the last couple years but I'm trying to design a raised bed system I can use with a little more comfort. That will keep me busy this winter and will keep husband busy sawing and building!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:47:21 PM  Show Profile
I also have FM and knitting is a must for my hands and wrists and arms. I am making pillowcases for all my children and my closest friends. I also bake up a storm. I really would like to make myself and my sister Lizzie some aprons. I am one of those people who has to finish a project before going on to another one. Are you like that, too? Susan
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:54:03 PM  Show Profile
I just started knitting a pumpkin hat for my 7.5 month old son and it's going to be a cute one - deep orange yarn in a cotton-cashmere blend, perfect for fall! I'm also just about done knitting a baby blanket for my nephew to be (October) and then want to start another hat for my son - a wool blue and bright green striped one to go with those pants I talked about so many months ago (I finally finished them!!). I also plan to knit these cute little toys for the niece and nephew to be for Christmas - I think I bought the pattern from a Farmgirl's web site?! It was a long time ago now, but I think that's right. Anyway, they're adorable.

Jana, I was just in Eau Claire on Sunday night for the Yarn Harlot's visit at Yellow Dog Knitting! Did you go? I had a great time, it was so fun to be in a room filled with so many happy knitters!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm finishing up a couple of felted purses then will begin some hats.

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Susan, actually, no, I undertake ten projects at a time. It's ridiculous. I enjoy doing too many things and so I just do them all, all at the same time. LOL

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

*~*Birth is SAFE Interferance is RISKY. TRUST BIRTH*~*

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  04:40:09 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like me.....I have a quilt to finish,am knitting a blanket,have 2 tote bags in process, have a pattern for a knitted purse from suss designs to do..and 4 dresses to make......I think I am set for winter....Oh and I want to knit socks and am hoping to find an easy pattern.....actually I got one off line but it involves 4 needles(?) so hope someone can help me out there......

and I just finished yoyos' for Sunshine and girls.......I am going to rest and maybe clean house today.........

newheart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  07:32:34 AM  Show Profile
I am terrible about lots of projects going at once. I am working on a quilt for oldest daughter's 12th birthday, finishing a pillow, have a dishcloth (knitted) going as my
while I wait project in the van, and have at least a couple tea towels to finish embroidering. I am sure I am forgetting some other half done projects..oh yeah..and two aprons cut out and ready to sew up..one for me (with wonderful fabric that Nancy sent!!) and one to put on my etsy site...don't know when I will get to them. I have alot of new projects planned for Christmas giving too...hmmmmmmmm if only there were more hours in the day!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  07:53:43 AM  Show Profile
I so want to plan projects for getting through the winter, but there is a huge wall of things I need to get done now looming before me. Too many things all at once, not enough time to get them done.
I want to try felting, so I think a purse or tote bag will be what I make. I have been working with my dad on family history, recording the who, what and where's of the things that have passed down through the generations that only my dad knows the history of, and there is a ton of it! Getting all of that sorted and photographed will be an undertaking. That will definitely take priority!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  08:34:52 AM  Show Profile
Every time I eye another new project, my husband laughs and says, "what's that? Project 93Q?" He understands, though, that sometimes, just collecting the patterns is fun, especially cross stitch ones. A couple of years ago, Stuie said "I've calculated that by the time you get done with the ones you already have, you'll be over 150 years old." (he's a scientist). And I said, "And your point is?" What fun!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  09:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I have three, four - oh maybe more apron patterns I want to make! LOL I love redwork and will do some towels for Christmas gifts (yesssssssssss, it's that time of year for me to get started! I also have something mulling around in my mind with regards to spinning alpaca, pillows and felting - just not sure how it will go! Oh and knitting...lots of knitting!
Julia
Who's been missing for awhile but glad to be back among friends!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  11:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Julia and Patricia both....!!!.....how wonderful to see you post!! I have missed you gals!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I've missed you too, Jenny! I have so much to catch up on around here!
Julia

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  2:33:18 PM  Show Profile
I so enjoy the stitching room on this site. You are all so busy and inspiring. I am one of those with a list a mile long, several projects in various stages, handwork to keep for car trips and waits (appointments, pick ups for my daughter, meetings) amd lots of books with ideas going through my head all the time.

I was looking through my two Rubbermaid containers of patterns for one in particular, and I got to reminiscing about what I made and with what fabrics. It was like walking down memory lane through the years, baby, then small child patterns and finally costumes and a few adult ones. I used to sew my daughter interesting clothes. She was into jumpers, dresses, colonial and praire dresses, aprons and pinafores. i used to make all her Halloween costumes. Can she be 14 already?

Now I do more embroidery and quilting with smaller projects to fit between larger ones. My son prefers blue jeans and only gets the occasional fleece item now (although he's waiting for a John Deere quilt.I need to start that this fall.)

Hey, for those of you who like to pick up interesting magazines and patterns, check out "Quilts and More" by Better Homes and Garden special interest publications. it is in the fabric stores and some supermarkets as well as Borders and Barnes and Noble stores. It has some nice small projects. From the last issue I made these pretty fabric covers for the composition books. My daughter kept one and gave three to her best girlfriends as a party favor after her birthday campout this past weekend. I made John Deere fabric ones for my son and his one cousin his age (they also had a sleepover, but they were in the camper with us.) they were a big hit, took very little time, lovely to look at and easy. Now they all have a place to write and draw. :-

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  2:57:12 PM  Show Profile
As usual, I'll be working on twenty things at once. Trying to work on my embroidery skills, knitting, sewing aprons, making dolls, tote bags and purses and on.... I love fabric and new projects.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic As Fall and Winter round the corner.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page