Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Baseball Player and His Family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Baseball Player and His Family Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  07:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Found out yesterday about a scary incident at a local Jr High School.

A baseball player was called up to relieve a pitcher already in the game. He and his catcher went to the sidelines to warm up. Somehow, when this kid threw the ball, it skipped off the top of the catcher's glove and slammed into his neck.

Now, this doesn't sound like much, until you hear the rest of the story.

This ball was travelling fast enough that when it skipped, it hit the catcher in the neck hard enough to knock him unconscious. He slipped into a coma, and died two days later. He was 13.

My kids did not know the boy (we homeschool), but my niece and my son's BFF did. The whole school is in shock. I cannot imagine what the parents of the catcher must be going through with losing their son, and I also cannot imagine what the boy who threw the ball must be going through. Even though we all know this was an accident, that boy will blame himself forever.

Anyway, prayers for the families and all the kids would be appreciated.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  08:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to the baseball player and his family.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Here's the TRUE story from the Chicago news (sorry, some of what was posted above was the story that's been spreading all over town) - Watch and read with Kleenex!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-oswego-boy-12-dies-after-being-hit-by-baseball-20120413,0,5245538.story

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Edited by - soapmommy60543 on Apr 16 2012 5:44:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  2:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Praying. How terrible for all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  10:46:40 PM  Show Profile
How terrible. Will certainly be praying with these families. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  07:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness- this is so sad, keeping these families in my prayers!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  5:43:32 PM  Show Profile
We had thunderstorms over the weekend, and all the local kids were saying that every crack of thunder was the deceased boy hitting a home run in Heaven. Makes me grab a Kleenex every time!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  7:04:38 PM  Show Profile
That is just so horrible all the way around! Prayers are going out to the families! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile
I have a 13 year old son who plays baseball so this really hits home. Prayers for both families, and the friends of the children as well. So sad and so tragic!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  05:40:58 AM  Show Profile
Memorial service at the Jr High was yesterday. A friend of mine is a teacher there, and she said it was so heartbreaking to see (literally) hundreds of children crying. I guess there wasn't a dry eye in the gym. Continued prayer for healing for ALL the kids involved!

Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Picked up DS's bff yesterday from the school - flag at half mast, all kids wearing baseball jerseys in honor of Eric.

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile
I have thought about these boys, their families and community many times over this past week. What a difficult situation to get through. Kinda puts life in perspective, Huh? Still sending prayers for healing to all. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:40:40 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are going up for this family and for the boy who threw the ball and his family also.

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Baseball Player and His Family Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page