Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  7:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Sedona is pure magic. If you haven't been here put it on your "bucket list". These are red, red rocks (big like mountains). We took the Pink Jeep tour today and it was breath-taking. It was also SO cold and windy. It has taken over 250 million years to carve out these rocks. You stand tall and fell SO small. Such a showing of Gods majesty. Pictures do not do this place justice. It is just so, so beautiful. You look at these stark rocks and have no idea that on the back of them it is like forrest. We then went into some gift shops. I've been wanting another wedding band in silver with a small turq. stone but I wanted it to come from this trip to AZ and we found and bought the perfect ring. It is so plain and so pretty and I love it.
THe weather has been so far really good but now it is cold and I understand we will be driving to Flagstaff and Grand Canyon in the cold snow and/or rain. Either way we are going and loving this trip. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  8:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Joann, it sounds like a wonderful adventure!! I love that part of the country too. I hope you find that perfect wedding band, and continue to soak in the beauty of the region while you are there. I wonder if you are seeing many wildflowers at this time of year in spite of the cool weather.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  9:20:25 PM  Show Profile
"new" wedding band Joey- How special that you were able to find it on this once in a lifetime trip you are experiencing with your DH! Ahh- the memories you are carving out, will stand tall and clear in your heart and mind forever! How awesome!
Hugs to you,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  05:50:12 AM  Show Profile
I bet you have the most beautiful pictures for an incredible scrapbook. Enjoy every second of this amazing country of ours.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Westward Ho Day 11 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page