Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  10:20:58 PM  Show Profile
I feel as if you are all going with me and it cheers my heart that I can share a little bit of this miracle trip we are on. Thank you for your kind words. I have always lived vicariously thru the vacations others take. I learn so much that way. SOOOOOO happy that this time it is Rod and I. I have been to Arizona before but my husband has not. The last thing on my "bucket list" is to see him see the Grand Canyon (we'll do that on Sat.) We waited till the kids were grown and gone to do this travel but I talked to travel nurses for Many years before we could do this.
Today we went to Meteor Crater-the largest and best preserved meteor crater on earth. This meteor fell about 50 thousand years ago. The whole it left is big enough to have 20 different football games going on at the same time and have over a million people watching-HUGE!! Nice museum and movie there too. My daughter says "it's just a big hole in the ground" but boy, what a HOLE!!
We then drove south thru Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona. Sedona is truely one of the most beautiful places on earth. Around every corner is another, HUGE, beautiful cliff of red rock. This is a place I fell in love with 25 years ago. It's an art and craft community and some of it is very "new age" with lots of shops and restaurants. There is an energy here that is different, I think,but I just love looking at the rocks. I am very happy here even though I am far from my beloved beach. Tomorrow we will take a jeep tour over some of the rocks. Hugs to you all, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  05:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Joey- Wow you are having a fantastic journey! I am so glad you both are enjoying it so much! Did you drive on Route 66?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  05:59:39 AM  Show Profile
Joey,
I am so happy for you that you are going to get to cross of one of the things on your "bucket list" and get to see your Dh see the Grand Canyon! How awesome is that?
I have never been to Arizona, but I have heard how amazing Sedona is.
Enjoy it all!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  06:33:56 AM  Show Profile
I've never been to that part of the country but it sounds truly magical!! Thanks for taking us all on your journey with you!
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:15:04 AM  Show Profile
I hope you and yours are enjoying the jeep ride today.I love that area so much.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:43:41 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Joey, Sedona really is one of the most amazing places on earth. There is a peace there that just csnnt be explained. Enjoy your jeep tour Joey, I have done that and all I can say is your in for quite a ride!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:52:54 AM  Show Profile
Have a great weekend Joey and have fun "knocking" around on the jeep tour-Sounds like so much fun!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  09:24:50 AM  Show Profile
Joey, thank you so much for sharing your trip! I just love traveling along with you. (Could you maybe hurry up and get to Day ll? lol, It's like reading a book and I don't want to stop.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Westward Ho Day 10 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page