Author Reading Room: Previous Topic My Books Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  12:12:22 PM  Show Profile
I have not posted my books on the Farmgirl Connection because I was afraid it would be tacky to do so. However, I see that other authors are posting, so I guess it's okay. Please forgive me if it offends anyone.

My first book is "Orlean Puckett: The Life of a Mountain Midwife (1844-1939)." This is the biography of a Virginia mountain midwife who gave birth to 24 babies before becoming a midwife. None of her 24 children lived past infancy. The book includes topics such as mountain ways; the American Civil War, and the creation of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

My second book is a children's picture book entitled "An Old Salem Christmas." Set in 1840 Salem, NC, it tells the story of a young girl as she experiences the wonder and excitement of Christmas while attending a Moravian Lovefeast celebration.

My next upcoming book, "Pillow of Thorns," is a novel based on an actual 19th century North Carolina murder trial. It should be released within the next two or three months. I do not have a website at present, but plan on having one up and running before the end of the year.

My books are available at local bookstores and online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  2:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Not tacky at all, Karen! Kudos to you! I think you're an inspiration! Please keep us posted on your website! I'll be looking for your books online! You GO girl!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  2:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Nina, thank you. You are so sweet and you made my day. I needed a hug!

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  2:59:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Nina, thank you. You are so sweet, and you certainly made my day. I needed a hug!

Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to post this twice but it didn't appear to go in the first time.

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile
i agree that it's not tacky when others use the site to share their etsy shops etc....

i'm going to have to look for your works! best of luck to you!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Another hug coming your way, Bella. I love when anyone shares their list of books; I always look them up to see what they are all about. I'm always looking for something new to read.
Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:52:48 PM  Show Profile
What an accomplishment! I'm going to add these books to my must-read list! I'm glad you shared your work with us!!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  9:34:48 PM  Show Profile
Bella, not tacky at all. Your post made me smile. Love to see another Farmgirl published. I love historical type books. These will be on my list. May the pen be with you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  09:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Karen,

I agree with the others. It's not tacky at all. It's wonderful that you are published. I so do hope that I am one day. It's my biggest wish.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  2:12:15 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful, an Author among us.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  06:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, sisters. I'm sure many of you have stories floating around in your heads and hearts that need to be told. Writing them down is the first step. Be true to yourself by developing your own style and never give up if you receive a rejection. I could wallpaper my office with all the rejection letters I've received over the years!

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic My Books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page