Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Freckle's kittens are growing so fast!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Freckle's kittens are growing so fast! Next Topic
Page: of 2

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Mama Freckles had 6 kittens over the weekend. My husband, who is less than thrilled,(he's not a cat person) already named one. Peppy Le Pew is black with a white collar. Freckles had them in the garden shed in the box that we had built for a beagle we had for awhile. She has access thru the doggie door to the kennel. They are so cute. There are 4 black ones, some with white and 2 tan tigers. I haven't petted any of them yet because my arms aren't long enough to reach in the box! Yay - more babies to spoil!

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Jun 14 2012 1:06:28 PM

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Cute!
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Awww...so darling!

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Freckles seems to be such a good mom! I love kittens!!!!!! Thanks for the precious picture. it made my day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  7:10:07 PM  Show Profile
So cute. Im a cat person. -Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile
How cute! Freckles looks like a very good momma!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Here's a new picture of the babies. The one with the white collar was going to be name Peppy Le Pew, but after we picked him up we saw that he has a mostly white face with a perfect black mustache - so now his name is Jacques Le Pew - don't ask me why - DH changed it. I think he's in love! Jacques also has white stockings - he's gonna be a looker when he gets bigger! lol There are 2 gray/black tigers, 3 solid black and Jacques - the odd ball. DH hinted that, perhaps, possibly, maybe, thinkin about, Jacques would be a stand in for our Zeke (d.2011) You have no idea how shocking it is to hear him hint that he might actually want another cat in the house!

Lora

Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  08:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh how sweet.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  09:39:49 AM  Show Profile
Lora, the kitties are adorable. I can feel the warmth and hear the "mews."from here.I love putting my hand on all of them when they are asleep...the warmth and little bellies rising&falling....yup....can you tell I'm a Cat-Mommy&Cat-Person?/!YES I AM!! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh how sweet! My cat would love to have a little kitten to mother....awwwww!!!!!

Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:54:53 AM  Show Profile
oh happy snuggling time coming up. so very cute. does mama let you hold them? sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  8:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhhh! They are so cute!!!! Congratulations and happy news that DH may be softening. Jaques Le Pew, how cute! YUP! If he's named him, he's a keeper!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:14:34 PM  Show Profile
They are so adorable. And yes, Freckles is a super loving cat, she'll roll over on her back so we can scratch her tummy and play with babies. When I was holding Jacques, he was mewing loudly. She jumped out of the box to investigate, but when I showed her I had her baby, she moseyed over to the food bowl and started eating. Jacques was mewing the whole time.

Freckles loves to be petted, but doesn't care to be held. If you ignore her, she'll meow nonstop. Normally a cat meowing would not be that bothersome, but she sounds like the siren on the Ghostbusters car. No joke. It grates on your nerves after about 3 times. lol.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  2:06:25 PM  Show Profile
the kittens are so cute! love them

janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  09:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Checked on the kittens Saturday. They are so cute! I wanted to hold one, but I couldn't reach that far down and my son wasn't there to climb in the kennel box sooooo, using some farmgirl ingenuity, I came up with a way to scoop one up. I had a miniature egg basket in the garden shed that seemed about the right size. I leaned over the kennel box wall as far as I could without falling in (what a sight if DH had walked in right about then), gently scooped up the first one that came close to the basket. It was a little girl, long haired and all black save for one little white spot on her throat. I've named her Black Diamond. She's so fuzzy!
Here is Black Diamond: sorry for the bad pic of me - I was trying to use the reverse camera on the cell phone and make sure the kitten was in the shot! too funny!!

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  09:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Lora, thanks for sharing the picture of yourself and Black Diamond. I think that is a nice picture of you. Hugs to the little furball Black Diamond.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  12:44:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh they are so cute!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  2:34:06 PM  Show Profile
She's a cutie and you're a pretty lady too.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  2:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Awwwww (sheepish grin)

Lora

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  07:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Here's a front view of Jacques Le Pew. He's so cute.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Lora: There's nothing than seeing such little furballs to make one smile. Thanks for the recent picture. Are you keeping all the kittens?
Hugs to the kittens.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:34:52 AM  Show Profile
Most likely. They are barn cats. Little Jacques might get to come in the house. My DH really likes him and he's not a cat person. We will get the other "fixed" one at a time, females first. It costs around $40 per cat. I will probably have mama fixed too. Before the fire we had 17 kitties outside. We fed them all, but since the fire only 2 are left. I think most wandered off. We still feed every two days. Don't worry, we leave plenty for 2 days. And they hunt mice and birds too. I love my kitties, but I don't think I need so many anymore. Once in awhile, someone would stop in and ask if they could have a kitten. We always said yes, even if they picked a favorite. Its better than getting hit on the road or becoming coyote bait. It was hard to make our son understand that, but I think it finally sunk in.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad y'all are keeping the kittens. Hopefully they'll keep the mouse population down. I know my four outside cats do. Thanks for sharing them with us. I look forward to seeing more pictures of them as they grow!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  1:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Mama Freckles has moved the kittens. I am so hoping she didn't put them under the house. There aren't any vent covers on there yet so there's all kinds of openings. I am sure she moved them to one of the barns, but I sure don't know. Going to stop by after work tomorrow (no rain) and check. I figured she would move them, but not so soon. Crazy cat!

Lora

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  09:41:53 AM  Show Profile
I am so sad today. I wanted to look for the babies yesterday after work, so I started in the garden shed. I did find two. They were dead. One sadly, was our little Jacques. It looked as though Freckles had accidentally smothered him. The other loss was one of the gray tigers. My dh won't admit it, but I think he's upset about it too. I know he really liked that little guy.
I still haven't found the others, but I did see Freckles emerge from one of the vent holes for the crawl space. We can't get in the crawl space yet because the block layers forgot to put in an access door. As soon as they cut a door, I will get under there and look for them.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  09:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lora, I'm so sorry! Mama cats can be so weird sometimes. I hope that you find the others alive and well still. Hugs

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Freckle's kittens are growing so fast! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page