sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  05:01:37 AM  Show Profile
Well I just started training for my very first 5k! I have been over weight all my life. I just recently did a 10 day cleanse and felt wonderful. I am training on a daily basis and feel great so far! I am trying my hardest this time to get healthy and feel good about myself again! Please keep me in your prayers!

www.foreverlovecreations.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, you are off in a positive direction. Keep us posted. Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile
I will for sure keep you in my prayers.Good for you for you for completing a 10 day cleanse...I know how much will power one needs for that.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  05:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Good for you! Keep up the good work! It's so worth it!

Did you sign up for a 5k yet? That's when the real motivation hits and you aren't as likely to quit the process. Plus it gives you a target to aim for.

Keep going!
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  06:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Good for you! I always say I am going to do that. I have a co-worker that has been running now for almost 2yrs & I admire her so much for her dedication, she is now up to 1/2 marathons. Don't know that I want to run that much, but would love to get a 5k or 2 under my belt one day. I am motivated to get healthier & in shape too. I have recently injured my back & have 2 herniated discs & my sciatic nerve is compressed...but as soon as I am on track, I am determined to get in shape. I am too young to be in this condition!
Best of luck to you!!! Keep us posted on your progress!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:58:46 PM  Show Profile
Good for you!!! I'm going on my first 10k this year! I am skipping the 5K but I needed the motivation to go big or go home! I'm in terrible shape right now but its still a few months away so I know if I just stick to it! So I encourage you to stick to it and when you reach a plateau just keep on keepin' on and don't give up because its just your body re-adjusting to training:) I give myself one rest day a week, run 3 days and do some other fitness 3 days a week (biking, weights or pilates) and I finish each workout with yoga. Exercising makes you feel 100% better even on "icky" days :) Best of luck to you!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic 5k Training Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page