rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  04:54:52 AM  Show Profile
What is the best April Fools joke ever played on you? or What is the best joke you have played on someone else?

I have never pulled off a big joke, or had one pulled on me. Just little ones, like being called to the phone and no one is there ...
kinda lame,
Marianne

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  09:40:50 AM  Show Profile
Since today is my DH's birthday, he is used to April Fool's jokes...it's really difficult to trick him. One year I thought I was so clever...
I sneaked out of bed the night before and I made a stuffed person and sat him in the bathroom. When my husband got up in the morning and headed into the bathroom I could hardly contain my giggles. He emerged from the bathroom moments later looking just as sleepy as when he went in. He didn't even see it!!
The ONLY time I ever tricked him was Yankee's opening day a few years back. He was at work and I called to tell him his favorite player was out for the season from some injury.
My oldest DD one year put duct tape over my shower head, so that when I turned on the water, nothing happened! That one was cute!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  10:46:36 AM  Show Profile
I tried telling my dd that she was called in to work today, but since I was laughing the whole time, she...um...didn't quite believe me! I can never seem to pull off April Fools' pranks...
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  06:04:10 AM  Show Profile
They pulled a funny one here at work last year. One of the guys stuck a sign on our copying machine/printer that said that some new software had been installed that allowed for it to be voice activated, listing out instructions on how print your documents via voice command. Some people actually fell for it, and they were trying to tell the printer to print their documents.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  3:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Paula, that one really made me (and my husband, too,) laugh!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  07:41:33 AM  Show Profile
My favorite April Fool's joke was an office memo I sent out when I was an assistant manager. The memo said that since people were wasting so much time on smoke breaks, hanging around the coffee machine and the microwave, talking... basically wasting their work time, that we were going to limit their bathroom time. Each employee would be given 2 bathroom tokens that would allow them to enter the bathroom after we installed the new bathroom locks that would require those special tokens to enter. Furthermore, they would be allowed only 5 minutes to use the bathroom. If they went over their 5 minutes, the stall door would automatically open and an alarm outside the bathroom door would sound. If they didn't finish up immediately, a picture would be taken and posted in the break room.
I couldn't believe how many people believed the memo joke. It took an hour to settle them down until they understood it was an April Fool's joke. Ha Ha Ha Ha....talk about April fools!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  2:26:23 PM  Show Profile
This year my DH texted me and I texted him back that I had misplaced my phone and would text him later when I found it. Yes, as a matter of fact he is blonde.

My friend's son taped the trigger on the kitchen sprayer down so when her husband turned on the water he got sprayed in the face.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  3:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Holy crud Kathy! I bet there was an uproar! And Julie's prank was so simple it was hilarious.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic April Fool's Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page