Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 sweet pea 7 girls 1 boy. pics on photo bucket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic sweet pea 7 girls 1 boy. pics on photo bucket Next Topic  

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  8:25:14 PM  Show Profile
well i thought i would be sharing news of babies. NOPE she is fat happy and hungry. she has remade her nest a hundred times. now we have RAIN coming. i am so worried the hut will get wet. i am checking through the night. she was due thurs. so now i sleep so i can check her in the night. keep good thoughts for us. happy birthing sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

Edited by - sherrye on Apr 08 2012 8:35:18 PM

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  8:33:15 PM  Show Profile
well i am hoping this time there is just one pic. LOL not my whole album this is sweet pea a couple months back. i have pics now i just need to get them out of the camera. she is so big now.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  9:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Awwww... She's such a cutie, Sherry! I hope everything goes well for her and that the babies come soon! Saying a little prayer for all of you! 'Can't wait to see the pictures! Good Luck, Sweet Pea!!! Hugs - Nini

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(") (")*

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  06:19:12 AM  Show Profile
i checked through the night and now still NO babies geesh

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, they will come when THEY are ready. Not you! We all know how this works. When we are gone or busy or turn out backs for a minute or run to the house to get the camera. Good luck! I hope she has them today and they are all fat little healthy piglets.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  09:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Good thoughts go out to Sweet Pea. Can't wait to see the babies. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  06:09:30 AM  Show Profile
I love baby piggies! Is Sweet Pea a protective mama, or does she let you near her babies?

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  9:52:22 PM  Show Profile
this is a long labor and delivery so far she went into labor at 11 this morning. she has now had 7 girls 7 girls no boys. she is going an hour then 2 babies then hour and half then 2 babies. so i am making coffeee. its gonna be a long night. we have the vet on call in case. so we are in the girl baby slot right now. not a single boy yet. happy healthy birthing sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  07:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, any updates?

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  07:45:29 AM  Show Profile
She is too cute. And I love her name! Suits her to a T!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  4:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Any updates? How about photos of the babies? I bet they are so cute.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  6:24:26 PM  Show Profile
well girls, i will share the journey with you tomorrow. she started labor at 11 a.m. on the 2nd. i went in her pen at 11. i am just now tonight leaving her in her pen. other than going pee i stayed with her and she trusted me. she had a very very hard time. so i have been outside all night with her. we set up shop spot lights. she is ok and i am ok. i will tell all and get pics on tomorrow i am happy we are done. thanks for the support. it was difficult. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  6:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye-
Hoping all is well with you and Sweat Pea and the piglets.
Post when you can!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  07:25:51 AM  Show Profile
a short post to say we SLEPT great. woke to snow on the ground. while she was in labor the weather stayed tolerable so i dont mind this little bit now i will check them when i go milk i can hardly move i am so sore and tired. hope their first night without me went well. so i will come on later today. we still need to clip wolf teeth. since we had 9 girls no castrating going on. so glad of that. i will post a little later they are so cute. happy days here sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile
I bet they are cute as buttons! So glad Sweet Pea is finished and that all of you can rest. Sherry, is it normal for pigs to have this difficult of a time in labor? Just curious--have never been around pigs, but have sheep, goats, cattle, and horses. I know it's possible with every animal, so I was just wondering.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  2:41:30 PM  Show Profile
9 girls - wow! I bet they are so cute.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  5:50:40 PM  Show Profile
they are so cute. i am still trying to get the picks to photo bucket.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  07:39:51 AM  Show Profile
http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/Silkpursefarm/ http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/Silkpursefarm/ http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/Silkpursefarm/ i hope these pics work. she is an excellent mama.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  07:40:57 AM  Show Profile
well darn one more time i put my album in here. i will try to fix this gads

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  07:46:44 AM  Show Profile
http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/Silkpursefarm/

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  1:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear all is going well Sherrye! Looking foward to pics when you can!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  1:38:48 PM  Show Profile
well i have no idea how to remove this. LOL BUT if you catch a link it will take you to her pics at photo bucket.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  8:56:36 PM  Show Profile
this girl is sooo long the vet said she just got tired while the babies traveled out. if i had used oxytocin i think she would have done better. as it was we lived in her hut for a good 20 hours. in the first part of the day we had to hang shade cloth for her. then when the sun went down it was very cold so we blanketed her. she would have a contraction that would make her shake for 10 minutes then a break. i brushed her and loved her. she knew i was there to help. she is an amzing girl. sweet pea weighs around 650 pounds. just a big love bug. we had to palp. her 7 times. once a baby was stuck in the after birth of the one before. once that dead girl was out she slept. papa and friend lisa went on in to bed. i just felt i could not leave her. she continued to shake. so a 4 a.m i went in. right where the uterus meets the tube i felt a hoof i grabbed it and it slipped away. then i reached in more and clipped 2 hooves. i figured after all these hours it was dead. so i did not even have a towel handy. my plan was get it out of her and out of her site. i was ready to throw it and i heard grunt grunt. oh my gosh. so shaking all over from all this i got it dried off. mama went to sleep. i had to go find dental floss and scissors. lisa had what we were using in her pocket. so grabbed the stuff and back to sweet pea. well i struggled to tie the cord and dip the cord and hooves. blew my breath in piglets nose. put her in with mom. so we all vote to not cut wolf teeth MISTAKE 3d day scrathches on mom and all the piglets. they play rough. so lisa came and we clipped their teeth. you nip the sharp tip. best done first day. so lisa starts screaming oh my god we broke the pig. its peeing out its belly button. then shock we look at each other and realize its a BOY. yipee. so when i tied that belly cord we are so happy to say i did not tie his penus off. i never saw it so it is just chance. if you look at his button it is right up on his little pee pee. so we have one boy. he is small and sooo cute. then there is minnie pearl. she is tiny and loud. very fun and did we learn as we went. i have so many great folks who came to rally us on. i went 49 hours with out sleep. crazy but i could do it and i am only so far a little sick. you know that darn porphyria is always at my back door. i will try to post single pics when my computer guy comes. the shots on photo bucket are very cute. so if you click the link it will take you there. just ignore the bad shots.LOL well long story but oh so fun here. happy days to you all. we will be keeping 2 at least. so i can fall in love with them. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  07:58:11 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on the new babies! Hope you are getting some rest.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  7:19:56 PM  Show Profile
What a story Sherrye! Glad to hear that you got a Boy out of all the piglets...lcuky form him that you didnt tie off the wrong thing! LOL
Hope y'all can get some rest.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:53:25 PM  Show Profile
well as you know rest is hard to come by when we are farmgirls. so now i have no voice. LOL but still getting things done. the babies are so cute. boy can they squeal. i hold them anyway. mama trusts me. once in awhile she will run over grunting i show her her baby and she goes back to her apples. when she makes her bed she picks up hay in her mouth puts it in the hut. she shakes her head as she throws it to spread it out. then she pushes things around till she has a pillow. she is so darn smart. the folks i bought her from said she was a very special different girl. she has no aggression. since the piglets were born we have had about 40 folks come by and pet a baby. she keeps a good eye on us but is ok with it. we only hold them a moment or so. i am going in and holding all of them. i am very partial to my boy. so sweet pea is having happy days in the sun. we sprayed her down today and the piglets felt the over spray and ran to their light in the hut. mama loved it.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic sweet pea 7 girls 1 boy. pics on photo bucket Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page