Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I have been losing weight right and left...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have been losing weight right and left... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile
That is a good thing. But, with losing the weight on my backside, my upper front side is diminishing also. Hubby is not happy with that. I feel so much better overall, though. My clothes are looser and I can get into my jeans the first try. No bouncing up and down and ooching this way and that.

I started belly dancing and have thrown in some Bollywood dancing too. Let me tell you, these dances have it all!! You have to have balance, be able to follow the steps, flexibility has to come back, plus, it's flat fun!! Workouts are so boring to me (that's why I don't do yoga, even though I have the ring and book) but belly dancing and Bollywood dancing isn't really a workout, so far.

Another thing, I don't let hubby watch me....at times it ain't purty.

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  08:16:36 AM  Show Profile
The bellydancing workout sounds like fun...and the side effects are really nice! What DVD's are you using?

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  09:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
congrats! that is the downside of lossing weight is i always lose in my top too..lol

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!

http://homesteddinmomsworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile
I am hoping to lose on the top if I can ever stay on a diet long enough to produce results! I don't think I would do very well at your workout Winona, I'm not very coordinated, balance is a little iffy and definately no flexibility, don't believe I would let DH watch either, hah! But congratulations on your success! We like success stories!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  10:48:43 AM  Show Profile
I just asked my husband one day if he wanted a skinnier healthier wife or the chest. Mine picked the healthy wife. He wouldn't have gotten to pick the other one but I thought I would let him vote anyway.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Both belly dancing vids are by Kili Marti. The harder one, I checked out of the library. After a few days I was able to follow along. It was hard at first because I was soooo out of shape. But my muscles started getting with it and things came back a lot faster than I would have thought! I bought the beginner belly dancing vid by Kili Marti because it has Bollywood and other eastern type dances in it.

I did try a Bollywood vid but the girl was way to advanced for me and too fast. I would have done damage to myself to try that one! Back to the library it went.

There used to be a Bollywood dancing show in TV but can't find it anymore. If you can move at all, you can do Bollywood dancing. Pretty simple stuff but gets your heart pumping and your muscles moving. It might be a good substitute to belly dancing. Bollywood is basically just moving to music but not like rock and roll with jumpy movements.

I would love to get back into kickboxing but I KNOW I'd hurt myself in this day and age. But it was sure fun to beat the snot out of others while their trying to beat on you! In a fun way, of course... heh.... :-)

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:10:17 PM  Show Profile
I loved Belly Dancing when I tried it, Winona--it's true--it really is a full body (and mind) workout!

I was a classically trained professional ballerina, and that can really spoil you for working out at a gym or any other "confined" area. Add to that, any sort of "rhythm" sort of exercise and I'm lost--I can't shake my booty if you paid me.

I really found belly dancing enjoyable and glad you do, too!!!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  2:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow, good for you. And your husband. Moving and losing makes you feel sexy! Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to the rest of us!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! Well, I have to fix a statement I made. I bought a vid and thought it was different from the library one. It's not!! It's the same vid but in a different package! That's all right with me, I'm already on the way and now can continue.

I went a little farther today. So proud of that. Worked up a sweat but not breathing as hard. Okay, so this is good!! heh... When I walk to the mailbox, I'm not huffing and puffing so much now. There is a bit but I'm not embarrassing myself at least! Or stopping to take a break! Yes, it got that bad. But, now I can walk out there and back in one fell swoop.

Also, my outlook on life is cheerier when I excercise.

C'mon, girls!! A little of the Egyptian swing to the hips will make your day!! :-)

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE belly dance also. I've been at it for a few years now and enjoy the heck out of it, but it has done not a thing for weight loss. However, when I do it regularly, I feel looser in my muscles and joints and have far less aches. It makes movement much easier and more fluid.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Conngrats on your weightloss Winona, and overall feeling better. Good for you! You GO Girl!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  11:26:37 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rksmith

I LOVE belly dance also. I've been at it for a few years now and enjoy the heck out of it, but it has done not a thing for weight loss. However, when I do it regularly, I feel looser in my muscles and joints and have far less aches. It makes movement much easier and more fluid.

I'm kind of in ugly duckling gawky mode still but I truly love controlled and fluid movements.

No weight loss?? Maybe your body has acquired a new shape for muscles instead of fat?? Mine does that when I'm in shape. I lose weight for a while and then reshaping takes over. Maybe that??

Some more good news...I was watching TV and actually crossed my legs at the knee!! One leg just went 'bloop' right over the other leg!! My shins were almost on the same parallel. For quite while, while driving a big rig, my crossing of legs consisted of sort of putting my calf muscle over my other knee, with my foot sticking out sideways. Now I can do it!!

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what my body is up to but I'm not too happy with it right now..the more I exercise the bigger I get.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have been losing weight right and left... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page