Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 ISO Employment Basketweaving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ISO Employment Basketweaving Next Topic  

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  8:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Middleaged woman with 7 cats, two horses, and SO is ISO of employment basketweaving. Requires room and board in dirt hut with no electricity or internet. Very little experience basketweaving. No references.

Current employment in corporate America. Extreme burnout due to long hours, dysfunctional work environment, and no time to enjoy spring time and her horses.

I don't know if it's because it's spring time and I want to be outside now to ride or what, but I'm just ill at my job. Or, if it's because this has been an extremely bad week at work - I'm in a 'transitionary' position with my company between billing and systems development and both I and my cohort are really overworked this week and in a bad mood. I think we need ice cream tomorrow.

So, is anyone hiring a basketweaver? Goat Milker? I want out of the corporate world so badly right now! I have a beautiful little farm I share with the owners and no time to enjoy it...

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  10:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm signed up to take a basket weaving class this summer. I know what you mean about "dysfunctional work environment." Dh and I are taking this weekend to "disconnect to reconnect" and refuel. Dh drives 1 hour to work every day, so the drive alone can be a complete burn out.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  11:14:17 AM  Show Profile
I understand as well I drove 45 minutes to work. Were I taught preschool. My preschoolers were great but the staff was another story. They were rude,lied about things, and loved to throw another staff member under the bus. I was so glad when I got laid off. I was home for a year and a half . Now I work as a nanny 2 days and make more money than my job and drive 10 minutes to work.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank y'all!

I did take a basketweaving class a few years back, and it was great fun. I loved it, but haven't done anything else with it. This week has just been a doozy and usually if I'm grumpy my friend and cohort is cheery and vice versa. This week we've both been stressed. And, we both have some chronic health issues and haven't felt well this week.

My SO/Common law DH is on the road 5 days a week and gets home Thursday, so he got home today, but had a sleep study because we think he might have sleep apnea. At least I'm getting nice and caught up with an extra night alone...

I do make good money and I love my boss, my good friend who I work closely with, and the VP of our department who I do a lot of work for. The rest of the company... :(

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  9:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Stephanie I'm soooo glad to hear you're okay! Well, besides the rotten week I've been trying to get in contact with you. Please e-mail & tell me if you received a letter yet!??? It was sent a long time ago. Just wondering??? Something is in the mail (yesterday) for you I've lost your other e-mail address. Sorry!

Please take care!!!
Your pen pal
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  8:30:27 PM  Show Profile
My email is stefffic at gmail dot com - I've responded to you. ;)

We found out today that my SO/Common law DH has severe sleep apnea. :(

PO run is going to be done tomorrow my John.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ISO Employment Basketweaving Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page