Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Neighbor's dog is out, maybe in trouble
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Neighbor's dog is out, maybe in trouble Next Topic  

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  4:04:45 PM  Show Profile
My neighbor across the back fence has an enormous young dog named Chance. He recently discovered that he can either jump over or push through the fence into our yard and from there into the street. It's happened three or four times in the past six weeks or so--we've got the owner's number entered into our phone! We've been talking about doing something to reinforce the fence but neither of us have the cash right now.

She just called over to us that Chance has been missing for the past hour. She's driven up and down several blocks and there's no sign of him. I'm worried about the big galoot. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so who knows what kind of trouble he could get into. I hope he makes it home safely.

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  4:25:33 PM  Show Profile
I hope Chance comes home soon, all safe and sound.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  5:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh no! I hope someone is able to return him safely! It sounds like she should be using some sort of other restraint system like a stake out or something for him!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  7:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Hope he comes home fast! Once they learn an escape route it's so hard to get them to change their mind. Maybe he's found a play mate
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  8:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Hoping he is safe and found soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  10:30:37 PM  Show Profile
I just hate it when this kind of thing happens. Sorry you are stuck worrying about him, too.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  6:12:06 PM  Show Profile
Haven't heard anything yet, and haven't seen him in the yard. Yes, it really does suck to have to wonder what's going on.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  8:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Happy to report, Chance is running around like a fool in his own backyard once more. Technically I think it's his owner's responsibility, but I think I'm going to have to find a way to at least keep him from getting through the fence into my yard. Looking for something cheap. (Free, actually. My bank account is at zero and I won't get my first paycheck from the new job for two weeks.)
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  01:17:53 AM  Show Profile
You are a good person to help with the safekeeping of your neighbors dog. But, I can certainly understand why. It just tears at your heart to think something has happened to an animal that wasn't properly kept. Good luck!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  01:23:36 AM  Show Profile
If Chance isn't neutered, he is probably out looking for some girlie. Dogs are like that.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  06:28:38 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I'm pretty sure he's neutered. Just way too much energy, and way too easy for him to get over or through the fence.
What we've got are chainlink fences about 3 feet high, and because of the way they were put up over time, there happen to be small gaps (maybe 6-8 inches) at the corners where one person's old chainlink meets another neighbor's newer chainlink or wooden fence. I've seen Chance get up on his back legs and scramble right over my fence (to bark at my cat close up). But his owner swears that she sees him push through at a corner most often. So I'm thinking about buying some taller wire (like garden wire) and a few metal posts to rig up reinforcing "nets" at the back corners of the fence.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Neighbor's dog is out, maybe in trouble Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page