Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Sophie's unexpected surgery - Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sophie's unexpected surgery - Update Next Topic
Page: of 2

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  9:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Paula,
Just read about Sophie's surgery. Hope she is still doing well and I am so glad to know she is home with you. I am sure she will improve quickly now!

I would love to hear how she is progressing. IN my prayers
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  5:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Paula,

I just found the post about your beautiful Sophie. I will certainly say a prayer for her and for you, too. Four years ago, my beagle was seriously ill with non-regenerative anemia. The diagnosis was grim. But, I didn't give up on her and, after a few transfusions and a lengthy regiment of Doxycycline, she got better. Like your Sophie, Darcy is also 12 years old. I had a prayer chain going for her and would actually lay my hands on her and do accupressure as I prayed over her. I'm sure Sophie can feel your love, which in itself is very healing. Please keep us posted on Sophie's progress. Sending good thoughts your way.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  07:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your healing thoughts and prayers for Sophie. I am happy to say that she has recovered from her surgery and the only evidence is her shaved parts. I tell people it looks like someone tried to do a poodle cut on a german shepherd. Even her incision is barely noticeable. She is back to her old silly self, playing and eating with gusto.

Sophie did test positive for hemangiosarcoma, so I've been studying the Dog Cancer Survival Guide with the intent to help her maintain a good quality of life, and improve her longevity during this second chance. She had her first chemo treatment last Monday with no visible side effects, thanks to the advice and guidelines in the book. There is so much information in the book that the doctors didn't provide...it pays to educate yourself! I've learned so much in such a short amount of time about canine cancer and how to deal with the disease. So, we are taking a broad spectrum approach and not discounting anything that will help. I'm back to cooking a special diet for her that improves her immune system, and brushing up more on my TTouch and Canine Touch training, which she really seems to enjoy.

Like the saying goes, "..Today is a Gift"!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy that Sophie is home and doing better. Thanks for the updated picture of her. Lots of big hugs to Sophie.
Keep us posted, please.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  09:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Glad she is doing better. Sending good thoughts your way!

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Great news. I pray that she is up and running in no time.

hugs,
-missy-

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sophie's unexpected surgery - Update Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page