Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Time Change/Spring Ahead Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile
This coming Sunday, the 11th, we have a time change. Springing ahead an hour!
For me, I love this time change; more time to play outside.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  6:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Me too Marly - I've been counting the days... and everytime I'm outside about dusk I think "next week at this time it will be 7:30". I'm a dork - I admit it!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  9:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, then I'm a dork too!!!!! Dorks we are. I said the same thing this morning.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  06:44:54 AM  Show Profile
I for one wish the government would trash the whole "daylight savings time" crapola. Can't stand it, makes my skin crawl and I'm grouchy just thinking about it, lol.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  07:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up for the dork club, too! I live for more daylight! :) Every night, I look at my watch and check for every extra minute of daylight. Come on, spring!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  07:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it is so nice to see light an hour later. Lifts up the spirits and puts me in a better mood. If it would only warm up. 24 degrees here right now, high should be 30!!!!! I love 75 degree weather.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It has always been interesting to me growing up on a farm. . . we did work by the sun, not the clock. Up at dawn, work while it was daylight, back in the house when it was too dark to see. Our farm animals and crops did . . . still do . . . "function" by the sun, not the clock.
It is annoying in that while, we are ON Daylight Savings Time we are NOT in the same time zone as my daughter who lives in Arizona. Arizona does not and never has observed DST (except the area that is the Navajo Reservation). So for most of the year she and I have to operate in two different time zones . . . like I said, annoying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  4:24:52 PM  Show Profile
I can understand that CJ. My neighbor has two young boys, and hates the fact that they have to wait for the bus in the dark. For me, I like the longer daylight. But, if they would keep the time at one place all year, I could adjust.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  4:31:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Dork also.I like that it stay's light longer. I can stay outside when it is nice . So i am glad.
--Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:26:24 PM  Show Profile
As much as I love this new time change, it does take me a day or two to get used to.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  5:49:03 PM  Show Profile
I definitely like having more light out--it's nice to come home from work (even on a late night) and it isn't pitch black already. I just with the clocks wouldn't change. It's killing me, lol.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  8:06:43 PM  Show Profile
I have SAD, and daylight savings time changes really drive me crazy. It always takes me about two weeks to adjust. It is amazing how much difference one hour makes. This Spring the change is a few weeks earlier than it has been in the past, so it seems to be affecting me even more than usual. To make matters worse, my digital alarmclock reset itself to "atomic" time last night and woke me up an hour late this morning. I'm with Rachel and CJ...we should just follow the crops and the early birds and forget the clocks! We most assuredly can't reset nature!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  10:26:14 PM  Show Profile
It always takes me days to acclimate to the one hour time difference. Thanks for making me feel noremal!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  04:36:25 AM  Show Profile
I hate it when I have to get up in the dark to get ready for work. Things were just getting light and now we are back in the dark again at 6am!! I am not sure how it really helps to change the time back and forth and it is confusing for everyone! Maybe it used to be a good idea, but in today's tech world, I think it just gets in the way and we have outgrown the usefulness of switching back and forth!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  05:26:55 AM  Show Profile
I am usually up at 5:00 but having a hard time getting up, hate it that is my crafting time before my husband is up!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Time Change/Spring Ahead Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page