FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  09:52:59 AM  Show Profile
As most of you know by now, we had a fire in October. After the fire was over, we went back in with the Fire Chief to assess the damage. Everything was so black, hot, wet and smelly. I looked at the fish tank where we had a male and female beta fish. The outside of the tank was black and there was a filmy scum on the top of the water. The water was very warm as well. (the house temp reach 2500 degrees) I was certain both fish were dead.

The next day we went back in again and started hauling stuff to the curb for trash. I had a flashlight and looked at the tank again. The male was floating upside down lifeless. I searched for the female expecting to find the same thing. Imagine my shock when I found her inside a log ALIVE! Her name is Little Miss Swimmy. My son was so excited. She is currently being taken care of by my bff along with our turtle, Mr. Turtle. (my husband was home when the fire started and grabbed the turtle on the way out!) I was able to see both critters again Sunday evening when we went to their home for a visit. Lliam was happy to see both of them. He wants to bring them to our rental house, but I told him they were better off at Amy's for right now. They will be home soon enough.

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile
YAY!

That is wonderful.
Mr. Turtle is handsome!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: following my heart, dreams and Jesus ~http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ~http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  10:37:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad your pets made it our okay! Mr. Speedy was our turtle & loved going outside to sun tan. They make great pets & are faster than what you might think

Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:22:17 AM  Show Profile
We had a turtle years ago. We called him Tut the Turtle! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile
yipee, now i have had my happy cry today. happier days ahead for your family. hugs and love to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile
I can't be postive from your picture, but it looks like Mr. Turtle, might be a Mrs...red eared sliders, Mississippi map, and a few other comman to the USA water tutles, the males have double to triple the front feet claw length over the female, also their tails are very slender, where the females are very fat...I am glad he/she made it, along with your female betta...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  2:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Um - I dunno - I will be at Amy's again on Sunday evening - will take some pics of other angles that might show you more details.

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Fishbowl Buddies? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page