paddlingfamily
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Katherine
Reedsburg WI
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Is there anybody out there training to power walk a half-marathon? I have a few under my belt but I always like to hear what other people are doing to train as well as favorite races. My favorite walking races have been the Whistlestop half in Ashland, WI and Journey's Marathon in Eagle River, WI. Are there any other worthwhile halves in the US that people recommend?

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  03:53:50 AM  Show Profile
I love power walking. I did it for many years and tetered very kighty into running. I did a few tag team marathon up in the Houghton, Mi area. They were a blast.

Of course, i got lazy and gained a few pounds. But I have been back at the gym, losing the extra weight and hopefully, will be doing a few local walk/runs this year to get back in the swing.

I love the feeling of accomplishment when i finish a race. I never go out to win over others, but i love to challenge myself and do my best time.

Good Luck
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  06:08:24 AM  Show Profile
I was able to do a 20 minute mile last night. I have my trusty four-legged walking partner, Wilma, with me. It is difficult to get up much speed on our roads because the gravel is so loose and sharp. It is easy to slip and slide on a loose patch of gravel. So I have to wear pretty rigid soled shoes and that isn't good for getting up much speed. When I first started walking, my ankles were so sore from keeping my balance on the gravel, but even that is getting better.
I don't see any marathons in my future, but I hope to see some smaller dress sizes!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  05:04:03 AM  Show Profile
I am training for my very first 5k!!!!! Keep me in your prayers Im going to need them!!!

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Power Walking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page