Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer For A Fellow Farmgirl Please!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer For A Fellow Farmgirl Please! Next Topic
Page: of 3

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  6:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Dear Farmgirls,

One of my local farmgirls is going through a rough spot right now and needs your prayers. Through an incredible amount of hardship and unbelievable circumstances they are looking at a farm eviction and need your prayers for the Lords guidance and plan. They are fully trusting in the Lord and are seeking His will for their life. If you could please lift them up in prayer, they'd be very grateful. Please pray as the Lord leads.

This is an excerpt from a letter their family sent to us:

Isaiah 22:8-13 provides a valuable divine perspective on Judah's military preparations as the seemingly invincible Assyrian army approached.

The Lord stripped away the defenses of Judah, and you looked in that day to the weapons in the Palace of the Forest. You saw that the walls of the City of David were broken through in many places; you stored up water in the Lower Pool.

You counted the buildings in Jerusalem and tore down houses to strengthen the wall. You built a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the Old Pool, but you did not look to the One who made it, or have regard for the One who planned it long ago.

The Lord, the LORD Almighty, called you on that day to weep and to wail, to tear out your hair and put on sackcloth. But see, there is joy and revelry, slaughtering of cattle and killing of sheep, eating of meat and drinking of wine! "Let us eat and drink," you say, "for tomorrow we die!"

At first blush, the leaders acted wisely. They evaluated their defenses and initiated prudent improvements, but their attempts backfired in two ways. For one, the people nevertheless lost confidence and turned to despair. "Let's feast on this livestock tonight, for we'll all be dead in the morning anyway."

More importantly, they completely missed what God was calling them to do. Their desperate situation wasn't a mistake; God himself had brought it to pass. Moreover, he already had a solution in mind. Later chapters reveal that most of the Assyrian army died of a wasting disease while besieging Jerusalem; the king was assassinated after his retreat back to Assyria. What God wanted, Isaiah tells us, was not military preparation but urgent, fervent corporate prayer.

We feel very strongly that God provided us this farm in the first place and even with the redemption deadline approaching, we don't see any clear evidence of being sent in a different direction. We've also been humbled by the great community of family, friends and customers that God has provided for our farming adventure. Since God rarely performs secret miracles, we're pretty sure that there's a role for that community in the redemption of our farm.

Recently, we've been challenged to make prayer our first option, not our last resort. To that end, we would like to invite you to fast and pray with us wherever you are on March 1 for our farm.

Please pray for wisdom; after all, if we need to head a different direction we'd like to know sooner rather than later. "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5
Pray for stamina; despite childhood encouragements to persevere, as you can imagine, this process can be rather stressful. "But we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint." Romans 5:3-5
Pray for God's provision. As Paul encouraged the Philippians, "My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."

Playing in the Sonshine

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6632 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6632 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  6:47:16 PM  Show Profile
I will keep her and her family in my prayers.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Debbie! It means a lot! :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:09:06 PM  Show Profile
praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank You!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:27:06 PM  Show Profile
What a powerful letter with SO many incredible words from our Lord. I am praying for your friend, her family and her farm.
I was especially touched by the sentence that said they are challenged "To make prayer our first option, not our last resort". Wow, if only we could live that each and everyday- what a wonderful world this would be.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Laurie! Thank you for your prayers! The Lord is AWESOME! His Word is AMAZING and TRUE!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  05:51:03 AM  Show Profile
sending prayers!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile
I will be praying. Her trust in god is wonderful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lori and Judith!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  09:46:00 AM  Show Profile
I will be praying for the family.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  09:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Marly!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  10:47:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Laurie - powerful, powerful, powerful. I'll be praying, too, April! Please keep us posted! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile
Lots of prayers!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  8:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow we are spending the day in prayer and fasting if any of you'd like to join in. Thanks to all you who are currently praying! It means so much!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
April,
Sorry, I just read this thread . . .
But, I'm praying now!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, Thanks for all your prayers! Keep on praying! We had a wonderful prayer and worship time last night with their family. The Lord is doing a good work in all of our lives and we all are looking forward to the great things He has in store for them! Keep the faith, keep praying! The Lord is Sovereign and the Lord is Good!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:31:29 AM  Show Profile
Prayers are going out to stand in faith with is family.-Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Prayers headed their way. I hate seeing any one evicted from their farm.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  4:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Me too. God is amazing and I trust the true power of prayer. Sending up prayers and sending them hugs. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  05:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies!!!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  07:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Just got word this morning that one of their milk cows had a calf, but the mamma isn't doing so hot, so please pray for the calf and mamma!

Thanks!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! So sorry to hear this news too. I just love baby cows. Adding this prayer too.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Update: the mamma cow and another cow died today. The new calf is doing fine though. This is a huge blow for them as they were their two best milkers. They need a lot of prayers. Also, their daughter had an accident at work and cut the tip of her thumb off on her left hand. It sure seems like almost too much to take. Please lift them up in your prayers.

~Hugs, April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  8:42:34 PM  Show Profile
April: We are praying continually. God sees their strength and will give blessings for their faith.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  4:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers. They are in disbelief as a third milk cow who went to give birth this morning died along with her calf. This is truly unbelievable and I don't understand why this is happening. But if you all would continue to pray, I'd appreciate it. They are desperately needing wisdom and direction in this unreal position they are in. The Lord is still sovereign and He is still good. We rejoice in knowing that He is in control. It just seems like things are out of control.
Lord send your help, AMEN.

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer For A Fellow Farmgirl Please! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page