Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 OUR BERRIES AND THE CHAPTER QUILT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic OUR BERRIES AND THE CHAPTER QUILT Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  09:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Looking at the new MJ magazine, and there is the chapter quilt that we saw pictures OF that were posted durning the farm fair. Great job done by all the girls that helped make this quilt and I'am real proud of Gloria [berries] for putting it all together,and she has a nice mention in the magazine.Way to go BERRIES!!!
NANCY JO

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  09:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
can't wait to get my copy of the mag so I can see all the stuff every one is tlaking about. Sounds like a real nice issue.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:12:20 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it lovely?!?!?!? Our "berries" certainly has a talent with quilting - the detail is amazing. Ditto on the "way to go!!!"

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Girls, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I just got home, and my magazine was in the mail box. I could hardly stand to drive in and get the envelope opened! There it is! I too am so proud of it, and the fact the MaryJane made mention of me and my business, well what else could I ask for?!!!!! Thank you Nancy Jo for mentioning it! That quilt is beautiful if I do say (sew) myself! But the redwork blocks were made by all our farmgirls!!!! And there are more to come!!!!!! Great job by everyone and sew very proud! It is a beautiful magazine, and aprons here we come!!!!!!

love, hugs, and strawberries to each and everyone of you!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  4:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Hm....did not get my magazine yet! :(
Maybe I better go check out the bookstores!

In any case, I am in awe of Berries and her quilting talents! She is very amazing!
Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 05 2006 4:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  5:18:43 PM  Show Profile
I don't have mine yet either..and I can hardly wait!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  5:42:19 PM  Show Profile
You can order them from MJ's, got it very quickly!!!!

Thanks again girls, this all means sew much to me!

love, gloria g. Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  8:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Also, our very own JP Bluesky has an apron essay on page 31 of the new magazine. It's wonderful - she is SUCH a talented writer! It's always such a pleasure to read the poems, stories, essays, etc. that she writes...you all will love this one!

I talked to the folks up at MJF, and they did send out a few new magazines with orders because the printer sent them one box UPS but now they’re out again until the BIG freight truck arrives - whicj should be any day now!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  04:47:14 AM  Show Profile
As Carly Simon used to sing "Anticipation......" :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  05:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, great article! I just love my aprons!

Also, I was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL, and husbands job has taken us many places. We lived in Havana (Hay-vanna) in 1994-1995. Thanks for sharing!

And you will love the magazine! It is so beautiful....

love, hugs, and strawberries, from Texas (now), gloria g.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  6:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Gloria - hubby and I went to Havana last Saturday and poked around in the shops. And we always pick blueberries there each year in the early summer. I actually go there a lot and take the back roads home. Small world! Did you have quilts in any of the shops?

Thanks for the nice compliment on the article!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  8:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, actually my husband and I had a co-op in one of the stores there. I was also a basket weaver - in another time, and taught classes, sold materials and carried a few antiques and misc things. I loved it there! I hope it hasn't lost it's charm. Keith and Lee were the shop owners we were in - I can't think of the name of theirs, I also heard he had sinced died. So I was sad when the feed/garden store closed. We lived there for only 16 months, and moved again. But I still have a dear friend that lives in Tallahassee. My parents lived in Jacksonville, and we were wanting to get over that way, which we ended up doing. We lived off of the Lake Jackson I think it was called on ten acres. I did piece tops at that time, but didn't have the big industrial machine then. I have always said I am the jack of all trades, and master of none! I have always made so many things that I loved, wanted and needed. Had to! But I love it here in Texas now, been here 8 years and planning on staying now.

Anyway, does bring back nice memories! Hope you enjoyed your shopping spree. Did you find any treasures? One thing my husband purchased for me while we were there that I dearly love, was a very big (actual) cotton picking basket. He knew I would love it, and it's in our living room now. I don't make baskets anymore. Sewing keeps me pretty busy!

Going to get my Strawberry Butters Farmgirl Chapter together on the 12th, and get started on our aprons!!!!

fondly, gloria g. Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  12:07:55 AM  Show Profile
I got to see the quilt in person at Farm Fair and it is just breathtaking!! Miss Berries, you are one talented lady!

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com Free shipping through 9/15.

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile
I think the redwork makes the quilt! It is beautiful! Thanks everybody!!!!

love, hugs, and strawberries, gloria g. Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  2:44:28 PM  Show Profile
I know this is probably too personal for this website in general, but Gloria, I am so excited we know some of the same folks. Keith and Lee Hotchkiss/Henderson were owners of H&H Antiques. You are right - sadly, Keith passed away last year from cancer. We talked to him when he was still strong enough to work. Then he spent his last days at St. George Island at their beach home. Lee now lives upstairs from her shop in Havana and is doing pretty well. Believe it or not, we have 6 Windsor chairs and several tables from her shop and know her through friends. She is very sweet and very chic, in a country sort of way. Strong lady. A perfect MJFarmgirl prospect, as I think about it!

By the way, the feed/garden store is still open and doing well. I love going in there. I know many people there and actually they are all doing well.

Havana, Florida has not lost it's charm. Except for you!

P.S. I have had a cotton-picking basket since the early 80's, and it has housed my daughter's and now granddaughter's toys. I love it! And I love you farmgirls!

Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic OUR BERRIES AND THE CHAPTER QUILT Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page