Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:31:18 PM  Show Profile
I put this on the gathered up forum too. Wondering if there are any farmgirls near Portland, OR. We will be moving there for 3-4 months the end of April. I have only met 1 farmgirl-Oggie from Maine-and I'd love to meet more. Hoping to catch up with CJ on our way west and I know we will be in Sacramento, CA the end of April. Anyone out there? Not exactly sure yet what states we will pass thru on the way out but would love to meet a farmgirl or two for coffee on the way. Thanks, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  9:51:55 PM  Show Profile
I know there are a couple around Silverton and Salem, a couple in central Oregon and another one or two in Douglas County. The Northwest is a fantastic place to be a farmgirl!! Wishing you a happy move!!

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  09:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Joey,
I still need to get a letter written to you, but I live about 45 minutes from Portland and would love to meet up with you. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  09:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Joey. I live in Glide, OR, outside of Roseburg. I don't get up to PDX much, but it is a nice city. Hope you enjoy your time there.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  2:37:53 PM  Show Profile
KOOL!! I am so excited!! We will be coming up from Sacramento and I will make it a point to meet up with anyone who wants to, even if I have to drive the distance. I will only be working 3 days a wwek and will have 4 days off to sightsee.
I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited that one of my penpals will be so close to me there. I Will definately be in touch soon. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  07:37:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm an OR gal too! Onliest, I'm off of Hwy. 97, nowhere near I-5. I live outside of Klamath Falls. When I drove a big rig, I got thru PDX quite a bit. Now, I'm a homebody. Anyway, it's good to know there are more out there!

About the PNW. When I moved here the first time, I hated it. I mean HATED it. Never could put a finger on it except you have an Arizonan moving to the PNW. Everything is different. This time, when we settled down, something is different (me, maybe?) and I'm pretty much loving it. "Pretty much" being the operative words. Hubby is a native Oregonian and is almost a Pioneer and didn't want to lose that. So, here we are.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Also, http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com is back up and running! Please check it out! Puh-leeze...??

My newest experimental blog: http://lostadventuresingreatdeals.blogspot.com Check it out!!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic OR farmgirls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page