ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Id love a book like this. Id like to share some recipes.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  12:26:18 PM  Show Profile
I have a cricut and cut shapes.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  6:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Me too I could share a few recipes and maybe a story or something from each sister, that would be neat!

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  6:23:19 PM  Show Profile
Well...what do you all think? An electronic yearbook online or a hardcover? I would love a hardcover one... With everyone's creative input, it would be fantastic! Do you think we'd have enough people join in? I think we should come up with a plan before approaching Meg or MaryJane... What would it be like? What would we include? We have so many creative and talented farmgirls... I'm sure we could come up with a real treasure of a keepsake! I think we should include pictures, bios, success stories and accomplishments, heartfelt stories or messages, celebrated special memories, farm and garden pics - GLAMPING FOR SURE - recipes and creative ideas and instructions... Kind of like the best of the best we've found in the Farmgirl connection for the year... Let's brainstorm a little bit... I'm sure you all have something in mind,too... :) This is kind of exciting, isn't it? :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  6:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh - and yes! Bonnie! I was thinking the same thing... doing this every year would be overwhelming... but every 5 or ten would be phenomenal! We'd have so much to work with, so many changes to report, such growth to enjoy! I am totally with you on that one!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:27:38 AM  Show Profile
I think we should include all that you mentioned and also have a section of Farmgirls on the Loose adventures (laura ingalls wilder, women of the wildwest, etc.) and any farmgirl gatherings of any magnitude. I know there are a lot of fun things going on that we'd all love to see more photos of and stories. Also, what about having a farmgirl chapter section highlighting different active chapters?!

I just realized you mentioned a lot of these things already! LOL! :)

How would we go about doing something like this? Do we go through a publishing company or a yearbook company? Does anyone know?

Would we have certain farmgirls in charge of certain sections (like editors of a section?) would there be one person in charge of gathering all the info and photos and copy for the pages? How would we make it all seamless in continuity? Just some basic questions to consider. Would we have a theme to unify the whole thing?

I was a photography editor, plus helped with layout and design in our highschool yearbook and also did copy etc. So there's my credentials. I love to write and take photos! I'm a journalist at heart! Love to tell the story!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  10:06:38 AM  Show Profile
Yes! Yes! I forgot about the Farmgirls on the Loose!!! Don't worry, April! I had repeated myself in my last post, too! LOL!!!

I am pretty sure we can self-publish if we want to, but I'm not sure of the costs. It would take a lot of time to pull it all together, and I think once we have an idea of what we want to do THEN we can start shopping around. But since it would be a Farmgirl thing, I really don't think we could do anything without MaryJane's approval, you know? I don't think we should get too, too far ahead of ourselves yet. We need to know exactly what we want to produce and then discuss with MaryJane and Meg.

I'm a writer at heart, and I'm a very good organizer and can-do/figure-out-how person... and I'm very detail oriented - definitely a self-starter. I also love scrapbooking and art stuff, too, but I'm not a professional by any stretch. We will definitely have to pool all our talents together to pull this off - but we're farmgirls - we definitely CAN do it!!!

How would all of you like to contribute?

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  3:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Well it sounds good so far....
you are doing a great job in your brainstorming...
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

summer girl
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

summer
llano tx
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  9:32:15 PM  Show Profile
It's an intereting idea and i hate to be the stick in the mud but there are afew things that worry me about this. I am sister number 4472. There are more sisters behind me. Would it be digital or printed? (I would not look a digital year book) If you did everybodys picher and a few lines about them the year bood would end up being as big or biger then a phone book. How hevay would that book be and how much would it be to ship? Would you have to stipulat that the only sisters that got to be in the book have to agree to buy the book to make it more cost efichent? Like I sayed I dont want to be the mean one but you have to concider theys things if you dont want to hert peoples feelings. Plus with over 4000 sisters many girls are going to get lost in the shuffle.

do what you love, love what you do
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  05:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Summer, you have a great point. However, I can't imagine that we'd get 100% participation from everyone. I also agree with a physical copy and not a digital one.
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Olly
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Stephanie
Macon GA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile
I am a farmgirl in training and I think it is a swell idea! Just think looking back over the pics in 5 years from now:)

Stephanie O.
Farmgirl Sister #4505
You are awesome. End of story. Period, print it, post it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic What About A Sisterhood Yearbook? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page