Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Cute or gross? LOL Next Topic
Page: of 2

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:20:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying out a new bread recipe. It has an especially strong yeasty smell and Mr. Stubbs seems inordinately drawn to it. As soon as I started kneading, he was right at my elbow. Now, normally I don't tolerate a cat on a food prep surface, but this was just too funny. I had to call my husband to snap some pictures before I shooed him off.

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Very cute picture!!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BusyBeeMary
True Blue Farmgirl

178 Posts

Mary
Nampa Idaho
178 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  8:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BusyBeeMary a Yahoo! Message
My cat will do the same thing, especially when I am working on art projects,or sewing. Very fun and curious creatures indeed.

To Live a Full life one must LOVE MANY THINGS- Vincent Van Gogh

Mary Fitzpatrick
http//www.Thepurplecrazylady.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  8:33:42 PM  Show Profile
I think that is adorable, not gross at all. The nosy boy.He's very handsome.
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  05:20:23 AM  Show Profile
How cute!
Animals, on the counter or not, leave their hair everywhere anyway, so I see no harm in it. ;)

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  05:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Adorable. I love cats. I lost one of mine a few months ago and I still miss her terribly. I do still have my Sam and he follows me everywhere, even jumping on the counter when he knows he is not supposed to.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  06:05:37 AM  Show Profile
Stubbs is a nosy boy, indeed. Got to sniff our hands thoroughly before we're "allowed" to pet him. And he is very much interested in every project that happens in the house. Usually he positions himself to watch from a little farther away!

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  06:07:33 AM  Show Profile
I think cute, cute, cute!!!! None of my cats have ever gotten on counters, except when they knew a mouse was about. I always found that strange. Now, sit down and try to read the paper and you have a cat smashing the paper on your lap, but never on the counter tops.

He's a handsome fella, and I'd let him help me cook anytime!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  06:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I vote for cute, Amie. It made me smile this morning! :) He seems to be taking his supervisory role quite seriously.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  07:23:09 AM  Show Profile
Such a handsome fellow!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Too funny!

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Amie: Mr. Stubbs is just so handsome. He looks like he is patiently waiting for a slice of bread. Hugs to Mr. Stubbs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  10:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Marcy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that it can be very hard. Hugs. I'm glad you have your Sam to follow you around.

My Miranda also has to sniff my hands when I come in before I can pet her. She is very bossy.

Laura, what do you mean, "If it ain't red, leave it in the shed"?

Hugs and prayers to all
Nan
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  12:20:23 PM  Show Profile
WHAT, he didn't help you knead,lol...I had a friend who swore that her cats "NEVER" got on the counters, so I said I can prove they do when you are not looking...so I put a very light layer of flour on the counters, and we left for the day...when we got back, there were paw prints all over the counters, and at least one of them was opening cabinet doors and crawling inside, flour prints don't lie...and she also said they never got on the table, guess what, prints there also...the point to my story is : cats do what ever they want, and they are smart enough to hide it from you, so if you have house cats, deal with it,lol...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  06:47:17 AM  Show Profile
First.....the title of your thread made me giggle. Good way to start the day! Second....Mr. Stubbs is a very handsome boy and those are wonderful pictures! Love the sepia tone.

Tina is right...you can not control a cat. They are naughty, they sass back, they have the silliest antics, and they do what they want to do. But best of all...they know how to nuzzle up in your heart.

Tina, I love your idea with the flour. Sometimes I come home and find something completely out of place and think..."what the heck were they doing in here???" Not sure I want to know! lol!

Anyway....Amie, I love the pictures. They would look cute framed!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  11:35:54 AM  Show Profile
Mr. Stubbs just wanted to make sure that you had it under control... since this was a new recipe.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: following my heart, dreams and Jesus ~http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ~http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile
You guys totally get my cat! Yes, he takes his responsibilities as the cat of the house very seriously. Even when they are ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile
That's a hoot.CUTE!!!!!

marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  05:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Soooo cute...great pictures! He almost didn't look real in the first one. Such a beautiful cat! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  06:25:24 AM  Show Profile
We're making a concerted effort to get good pictures of Stubbs. I've still got to get some that show the reason for his name: he's an American Bob and his tail is naturally only about 3 inches long. He's named after a rare out of print picture book by Tasha Tudor. He looks EXACTLY like the cat in the book.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Cats love yeast. Brewers yeast tablets, in fact, make a good anti-flea preventive. Most cats eat them like treats.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  8:30:58 PM  Show Profile
I did not know that. Thanks, Rosemary.
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  05:52:00 AM  Show Profile
What cute pictures! We have two cats and they are both nosy. If I'm reading, Callie tries to curl up on top of my book and if I'm cooking, Sway is up on the counter in a flash, wanting to see what I am doing. We love our cats. So, no, not gross, just typical cat!! :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  06:15:19 AM  Show Profile
My cat Sox is so good he cleans my kitchen floor every day after Supper. Then hits his recliner and gives hisself a bath. Then follows me the rest of the evening, till he is put out at night. He likes to hunt at night. We just cant keep him in.And the next morning something is always laying on the carport. We are way in the country.

Mr. Stubbs is a stud muffin!LOL

Meow from Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  08:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Marlee: I have four outside cats, and usually in the morning there is a gift from them at the back door. Their all sitting there with their big eyes saying, "Look Mommy, it's just for you! Are you going to feed us now, we're starving!". Cats make me smile. I had to come back to this thread just to see Mr. Stubbs, now he makes me smile. What a cutie.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  10:09:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marly , I saw a picture of them on another thread about posting critter pics. Marly they are so cute all sitting together.I go back to look at them sitting on the back porch. Cats are so curiously wonderful.

Marlee

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Cute or gross? LOL Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page