sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile
what would you girls use? i saw cydectin? i have never used it. i also need stuff for lice and mites. i have D.E. new goats i want to treat every one totally. the new cows came from the valley. i sure would like pour on or in food. too many animals for shots. all suggestions wanted. what about an ear oil from something natural? thanks for new ieas.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  04:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
You are needing something for earmites? We use mineral oil with camphor oil mixed in. It smothers the ear mites and the camphor helps with the itching! Cydectin here in east texas is a good spring wormer.Ivomec has been proven safe in bred does.

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
Zapped Profile

190 Posts

190 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile
We have a few cows and we use a bag of wormer pellets or a wormer block that we get from our local Tractor Supply..Im not sure what ingredients are in it, but I know it comes in a green and white box or bag and they seem to eat it right up!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic bred doe and cow wormer? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page