Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Relay For Life, American Cancer Society
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Relay For Life, American Cancer Society Next Topic  

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  05:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!

I have started a team for Relay for life, here in my community, and We are trying to raise some money up for the american cancer society. We have shirts, signs, luminaries and banners all for sale. The luminaries are really cool, because you decorate a bag with a loved ones name on it, and we burn a candle in it, during the relay, and at the end for every luminary a can of food will go to the needy here in my town, Newberry.
If you are a cancer survivor you can join my team for free. and If you'd like to be a team member It is only 10 dollars.
My Grandfather passed away from kidney cancer in 2008, and My Grandmother is a 40 year survivor of Breast Cancer. And I'm doing this for them.
So please donate, and I will put your name on a cupcake and hang it in my office, and I we are also setting up a booth at the relay, which we will bring all the cupcakes and display them.

Here is the Link http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12National?px=26446457&pg=personal&fr_id=40328

Farmgirl Hugs and Best Wishes,
Tara

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  07:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Tara; i am currently undergoing chemo and etc for breast cancer that was dx in december..thank you for doing this for your family and the community!
my daughter's work is very involved in relay and i am anxious this year to be in the survivor's walk.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Relay For Life, American Cancer Society Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page