Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 prayer shawls...and...**Update at bottom of post**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic prayer shawls...and...**Update at bottom of post** Next Topic  

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  6:10:09 PM  Show Profile
we did not sleep last nite here (nerves? stress? what ...us???)so we slept right thru church-my son and DIL are involved in the music portion of the contemporary service and DIL sings in the choir for the regular service afterward.
son called after church and drove out to bring me a pretty purple prayer shawl that the ladies of the church made.

now i have 3!
a friend and fellow college student found a pretty one for my at Christmas and a farmsister sent me a soft wonderful one before we moved!

i feel such love and blessings when i sit wrapped in each of them...not sure which one will surround me tomorrow morning at my first chemo treatment. i know, tho, that i am blessed by friends and family and sisters whom i have never met!and my God.

now for the and...my son doesn't post much on fb but tonite he went on and asked for prayers for me ....our faith is strong and multiplies with each additional prayer that goes up!i know that he wants to be with me tomorrow morning; i promised he could go to another session as well as his sister can have a turn-the center only allows one companion.

i am so blessed.thank you, all, for being part of this.

**Update--all went well- the waiting was longer than the treatment! got all settled into my chair and a nurse walked over with a comforter that the Lutheran Church ladies made! it did the trick- just big enough!
anyhow- am home; have had some lunch, forcing fluids to flush the toxins out-think i may take a nap!
there is a support group tonite at 630 if i feel up to going-not sure right now-tonite probly better than tomorrow or next day!

got connected with the gal from te center for body mind and spirit (or something) and am signed up for some workshops-Nia and a journalling one; they have a needlecraft group that meets once a month and some other stuff....

ok- off to nap for a bit!
thanks everyone for your continued prayers!!!!!! someone wrote on my son's fb thread this morning that starting chemo isn't as bad as the middle and the end and i hear that from others-we'll ALWAYS appreciate and need prayers!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Feb 13 2012 11:37:11 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Margo, you are truly blessed. My prayers continue for you. Hugs to you and your children and DIL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  7:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Margo, you are so loved!!! We continue to think the happiest of thoughts and offer up the most hopeful of prayers for you. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  8:30:15 PM  Show Profile
Margo,
Continually praying for you! You are certainly wrapped in all kinds of love and prayers!
Blessings to you!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  06:20:06 AM  Show Profile
Margo,
My thoughts and prayers are with you this morning.

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6595 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6595 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  07:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Margo all your farmgirl Sisters are with you this morning in Spirit and Heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers, isn't it a Blessing to be loved and have so much support and know you are not alone.
Take Care Sweet Margo and check in with us when you can.
Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  08:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you this morning, prayers sent to you. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  10:15:51 AM  Show Profile
My Dear Margo-
Keeping you in my prayers today and every day. There is such power in prayers! And you are loved and cared for, by so many...feel all of your love being poured out to you. Sending big warm hugs to you!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Wish we were there to hug you. Continuing prayers to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  8:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Margo-
One down, and however many more it takes to knock it on its butt!
Farmgirl determination and lots of prayers will see you through this.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:04:16 AM  Show Profile
laurie- there are three more of this treatment scheduled and so long as my white blood counts don't tank-well any of my blood counts--i'll have the next one on the 27th and then two weeks and then two weeks....after that i am not sure how soon surgery and follow up with radiation.....

went to support group last nite- glad that i went-only minimal physical discomfort and it was run by a nurse so i felt safe!

today is neulasta shot for white blood cells- and chocolate cuz it's valentine's day!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6595 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6595 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Margo, I am happy your first chemo is behind you. Enjoy your day but rest so you can keep your strength up.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:55:34 AM  Show Profile
sending lots of love and hugs to you today on Valentines Day! chocolate and rest= a perfect day!!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  07:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Considered yourself hugges, Margo! One down..

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  6:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Margo, My prayers are with you as you go through this, my brother is going through his second round...he says to find what you want to drink and eat through this and keep it handy cause the chemo can make your mouth sore and only certain things will do...please know I have you in my prayers every day...we love you here and on the over 50's group...thank you for keeping us posted...lots of love and hugs....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Margo,
Glad you got to the support group last night and found it a comfort. Hope that you had a good day today. From experience with my dad's chemo, dont be suprised to feel great today and then like heck in about 2-3 days. Every treatment is different and every person handles it differently. Either way- keep on with your wonderful positive attitude- because ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!
Praying continuously for you!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:11:06 PM  Show Profile
i'm actually a teensy worried about thursday this week which will be day 4--my daughter and her guy are having a huge couch delivered thursday morning and she has asked me to apt sit so someone is there for delivery since they both work--anyhow- i said yes and that way i can take a load of laundry to do--i'll take hubby with me in case i can't drive but still-am hoping i am "up" to the challenge!

my attitude is important but so is all of the love and support from family friends and my farmsisters!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  06:32:08 AM  Show Profile
hugs to you dear....rest rest and then rest some more...we are all here for you all the time!!!
xoxox
Lori

Go to Top of Page

longbeachfox
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Mary
Long Beach WA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  3:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Margo...You are very brave. Remember...God never steps back from us. He is with you every step of the way. I have two friends who are cancer survivors and doing fantastic. God bless you. Hugs, Mary

Farmgirl # 2532

With God...Nothing Is Impossible!

http://foxontherunarts.blogspot.com

http://downonthefoxfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  5:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margo, I am giving you a great big Hug and Squeeze. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic prayer shawls...and...**Update at bottom of post** Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page