Page: of 2

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Anna I saw a program how thiefs get your credit card numbers and bank card numbers. These people get these little black looking little boxes and when people are look they slide them over where you put your credit in.Leave it for a day or so then they go back and get it hook it to the computer and wa-la everyone that slide there cards thru it they have your number and pins. So when you strart to slide your just look and se if a small looking box is extended on it. If it is dont slide your card.

Also use gel pens on your checks you can get some kind of liquid at a farm store they can erase the writing on it and fill it in and take to banks and cash it.

There was another saety tips but it slipped my mind.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Boy my typing is terrible tonight.
Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

RosesAreRed
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Laurie
Lehigh Acres Fl
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  09:20:03 AM  Show Profile
love Facebook. I keep in touch with family and friends and from the drama people on my list I get free entertainment. I have learned so much from my friends posting interesting links and articles. I love the homesteading survival page and the news page and the local garden club page. The personal photos and the comedy stuff that are posted are nice and give me good laughs. I am not to worried about privacy. Nothing I post here is private. You search my username on the net, and you will find me all over the web on different forums and blogs. Nothing on the net is private. SO, I try not to post anything I don't want have to answer to down the road.

What I did give up was my addiction to my Blackberry phone. Whew that was rough. I couldn't go anywhere without that phone. I couldn't even put it down anymore. It emailed, it texted, it played games, it surfed the net, it Twittered, it Facebooked and it was constantly dinging and pinging with notices. That was way to much connectedness for me. I finally shut the phone down and purchased a standard NON Droid phone. It has been 3 weeks and yesterday I noticed that I no longer was afraid to walk away from the phone. I went hours without my phone on me. I had put it down somewhere and walked away. I didn't die. It took about 2 weeks to get over the bored and what do I do with my hands now feeling. It took about 1 week for the anxiety of missing something to wear off. Glad I did it.. but.. I miss the convenience of my Blackberry.
Go to Top of Page

mudpony farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jo

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  4:05:26 PM  Show Profile
I divorced facebook awhile ago and I don't miss it a bit. Would much rather spend an hour on the phone connecting with one old friend than an hour on the computer feeling like I'm stalking all my old friends. Glad to know there are some others out there who don't care for it either!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm divorcing Facebook Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page