Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #6 Heart shaped Yo-yo swap -CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #6 Heart shaped Yo-yo swap -CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 5

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  3:14:58 PM  Show Profile
linda's envelope was in my box! love the buttons!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  5:15:09 PM  Show Profile

Linda got your lovely yoyo's today. All I can say is that you gals are finding
FABULOUS BUTTONS. Makes our Yoyo swaps even more fun don't they? Nice job ladies!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 01 2012 5:18:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  8:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, those are pretty buttons, Linda! Thanks for the photo, Peg!

Yippee..I have all my yo-yo's addressed and ready to mail first thing tomorrow! It will be fun to mail to a couple of new yo yo mammas too.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  10:37:06 AM  Show Profile
Received yo-yo hearts from Linda and Peggy today!

Wow! All the ladies are knocking themselves out over fancy buttons!
Thanks so much, Farmgirls! Mine are in the mail to all of you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  10:09:13 AM  Show Profile
These are the yo-yos I have received so far from; Shelly , Peggy, Linda and Judith ( great job on the mug rugs )

Thanks for all the little extras too :)

Hugs,
Debi Carr #1983
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  1:46:11 PM  Show Profile
judith...forgetmenot..i love your yo yo's! i won't try to eat the coins! the lil sayings are going into my jar of hearts!!!
peg your wonderful envelope came also!!!
everybody's buttons are great!!! i need to finish my yo you's and get them mailed out!
thanx gals!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Judith, got your yoyo's today, they are great, love the buttons, I looked for shamrocks, and had to settle for them on the material. thanks so much! Loved the coins also, thanks!!
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Peggy was just looking thru the postings again, and saw where you suggested me to do #7, If it is alright with you and Debi, could I skip this one. My hubby has an old car, and now we will be on the road a little bit off and on for the next 3 months with car shows, we go out of state, and in state. this is a very busy time with him. I will jump in and do a later one. I will join in, and do mine on the road, but let me just support someone else for a little bit. Love doing this, and appreciate all the girls that participate, and glad we had some new ones, this time.

Margo, hope that all is well with you, have not heard a report lately, but hope you are feeling ok. Think about you and keeping you in my prayers.
Have a great day to all you yoyo's mamas !!! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  01:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Judith...got your fabulous YoYo's today! Will try to get pictures up in the next few days.
Life is a roller-coaster at the moment. Loved your adorable card and the Extra's. So happy
that so many of you found clover/shamrock buttons. None to be had here.

Linda...yes, you can jump in whenever and hostess. Go enjoy the car shows with hubby!!

Margo...I was also, wondering how you are doing? Any new news to report?

More Later My YoYo Mamas,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:45:16 AM  Show Profile
i know that i have not been reporting in--really hate to air all of my laundry on the web-so maybe i can email you all? not sure if i have a "master list"?
i'm doing relatively well- side effects of treatment #2 were pretty non existent thank goodness- but i am told that the next one (next week) could kick my butt! then there is one more chemo on 3/26. not sure how soon my lumpectomy surgery will be then radiation for 6-8 weeks.

i have been wearing my wig for over a week now- itches and comes off immediately upon return home- bandannas and sleep caps around the house- i have some straggler hairs which stand straight up on my head!

i don't go out much-trying to avoid germs- and really am tired-chemo tired is different than any tired i have ever had before...i am living like a slug! tho last nite i DID manage to make about 6 yo yo's!attention span is zilch!

we are having some serious issues in the apt and i really want out of our lease but i am afraid that we may have a fight. need to call the landlady right now and i am putting it off.....feel like i'm being called to the principal's office!

i actually had thought about hosting the next one if peg still needs a break- was thinking(-oh gosh that's dangerous!)--that we are coming into the patriotic season-Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July--maybe a red white and blue theme?? 2 with stars 2 with stripes and two with????

unless we need to do mother's day and more spring????

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  11:28:01 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, Your yo-yo hearts arrived today! Great job! Aren't they just addicting? Also, loved the handmade card (very cute and festive for St. Pat's), and the pocket calendar went right into my knitting bag! I want to pic of all the hearts together. Will wait until next week to see if more come in. Thank you, Shelly!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  12:24:23 PM  Show Profile
I recieved those cards from Kathy (IdahoShamrock). I thought this was a perfect time to use them! They are reusable you just put a new peice of paper on the inside.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  12:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Margo...thanks for the update on you.

If you want to Hostess the next round #7 Please. Feel free to do so. You can continue with the 2/2/2 or get creative and do some thing else. Like maybe 3heart yoyos and 3 round yoyos. Or all hearts with one larger heart made and embellished with flowers,ribbon,lace andbuttons. Countless variations possible.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  2:57:32 PM  Show Profile
I would love to do some circles!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  3:19:41 PM  Show Profile
i'm thinking circles would be fun too! let me work on this and i'll post something for round #7---but look for stars and stripes fabric cuz i'm really thinking i'll roll that way!
i'll post a seperate thread for signups....

meantime-getting mine closer to mailing- i know the deadline is fast approaching....

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  4:28:29 PM  Show Profile

Here are my pretties from Shelly. Thank you so much!
The extra's were fun too!!!

As you might notice one of the buttons came through the mail broken...but if it is one thing I have, it is lots of buttons...so can replace it no problem.
I cannot see how it was broken because you had it nicely protected. Just mentioned it because it is a firtst in all our many yoyo's
going through the mail. Weird!

Blessings and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 09 2012 4:35:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  08:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh gee!!!! So sorry Peg. The buttons I am using are very old. They came from my great grandma so they may be a little brittle. I didnt think about that. Buttons are so expensive that is why I take what I can get. I must say my stash is running low though so I need to find more before the next round of yo yo's! Glad you like them.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  09:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Shelly...no apology necessary girl! I love buttons...have some very old ones too...and many new ones
since I started doing YoYo's. Now, I enjoy looking for both vintage buttons and new ones. There are
so many to choose from, I'm like a kid in a Candy Factory. LOL I have no doubt that you will get hooked
on buttons too. JoAnne Fabrics has really cool buttons (Seasonal) for about 2.29 a package, which is
a steal-of-a-deal if you ask me. I have paid up to 14.00 for vintage buttons and $5.00 to $10.00 is average
in my area for vintage. What is fun...is if you can find somebodies old button collection at a Thrift
or Antique Store and score an entire Jar full of buttons for around $8.00 to $12.00. That is my idea of a Treasure Hunt!!!! I've got my DIL hunting buttons too. She is 25 and totally hooked on finding great ones.
One day she came over with a pkg of Scotty Dog buttons for me. I was thrilled! We both have Scotties.

Big Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  11:53:54 AM  Show Profile
Lorrie, I received your heart yo-yo s and very cool buttons today!
your hearts look perfect! Wasn't this fun! I found a little felt purse at Hobby Lobby. I think I will attach some hearts to that. Will post a pic when I'm done. Thanks, Farmgirl friend.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  7:32:47 PM  Show Profile
Lorrie , I received your yo-yos today. You did a wonderful job!

Hugs, Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  7:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Lorrie and Shelly, I received both of your yoyo's. Both were great, and loved the tuck-ins. This was another great yoyo swap. Shelly don't worry about your buttons, they were fine. I believe its for fun, not to cause stress, or financial hardship on anyone. Hang in there and continue collecting yoyo's with us. The more the merrier. So far everyones yoyo's look great. Have a great week! My weekend was rainy and stormy, but got some inside things done. Huggs!! Linda Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  11:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Laurie...I got your great yoyo's yesterday. Sorry the picture won't post. Both you new
gals did fabulously for your first time. I was very impressed! Thanks also for tucks.

Another FUN Swap ladies.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  08:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Debi Chandler, I received your yo-yo hearts today. The shamrock pin is really pretty and I love the extra touches to your buttons! Thank you.
Your handmade St. Pat's wrapper is really cool too!

Hey,farmgirls...I never really new what Erin Go Braugh meant..so, I looked it up!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  11:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Judith, I am glad you are enjoying my hearts.... I was so determined to finish them on time and get them in the mail. Thanks to a "heart" fairy, I am really ejoying making them. Looking forward to the next swap.

Debi
herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile
HI Gals ...want to see an adorable round yoyo project? Go to allpeoplequilt.com
then type in the search line: yoyo easter egg project.

If you like this and want to try it here is what I discovered about printing the
directions: Once you bring up the project...Don't click on each individual page to print pattern instead, look where it
says download project and download it to your computer to save
it. (At this point you will have to sign up for their free
projects newsletter or just make a sign in log). Then when your computer asks if you want to open the download, click on open...
then print the entire project. I did it both ways...and the individual pages were not
complete in their explanation...so use the download project alternative and you will
get all your information. There is a page that shows 3 different size circles for you
to make your own cardboard template from for this project. Just looking at it...I personally
would use Pattern B. ~ Personally, you could do this entire project with your heart shaped
yoyo's too if you tucked the bottom of the heart (the tip)under each other.

Also, they show a Wall Art Piece done in round yoyo's but could also be done in Heart Shaped
YoYo's.

Hope you enjoy this...Let me know what you think.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 12 2012 12:04:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #6 Heart shaped Yo-yo swap -CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page