Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Powell Family in the news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Powell Family in the news Next Topic  

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
For anyone who has heard or followed this missing wife story ? It has had a horrific ending recently. Let's keep this family in our prayers . I cannot even imagine the pain of family members, especially the gparents of those little boys!
My daughters BFF is a social worker and I am getting info from her re: things that has a group we might be able to do to help so many vulnerable and abused women and children out there. All it takes are baby steps and each person doing ONE thing at a time to help try and make the world a better place?!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scattetedlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:09:50 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are added for this poor women and her beautiful children. My only solace is that I know her children have been reunited with her and are being encircled in God's loving arms. Their evil murderer will not be given the same treatment, I expect. May his soul rest in God's hands, as it should.

This happened less than a hundred miles from my home and it is all a little too close for comfort. Family violence is everywhere. In the cities, in the country, to the poor, to the rich. We simply cannot ignore it anymore. The battle between good and evil is being fought in our families. The adversary will use the family to breakdown society. Like Linda said.....baby steps and everyone doing something!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:21:50 PM  Show Profile
I heard it on the news this morning. I agree with you Sharone that the devil does use the family unit. The kids are always are in the middle. They are the innocence ones but they are the ones that are used the most. That is just so horrific and the grandparents,who shouldn't have to bury the child and grandchildren.Yes I agree it has reach more than it ever should have. One person can make things better.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  5:17:15 PM  Show Profile
I heard about this story on the local news this morning and have felt sick about it all day. Such a horrific event. The family and friends are in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile
I read the story online, and like, Jamie, was just sick thinking about it all day. So, so sad. Indeed, prayers will go out to the family and friends.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  05:06:03 AM  Show Profile
The more details that emerge the sadder this story becomes. Just terrible. I dont think I will ever understand why someone who feels they are "Done" here, also feels the need to take other innocent people with them. My heart aches for everyone touched by this, but especially the poor parents of Susan, who now, not only do not know (and may never know) what happened to their dear daughter, but must cope with the lose of their two sweet grandsons, whom they had custody of. So tragic and heartwrenching.

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  05:32:59 AM  Show Profile
This story touched me, too. Can you imagine the oldest boy having the memory of "mommy was in the trunk." That woman's parents and brother have lived through hell. Last night, they had a candlelight service and asked that people at home light a candle, too. It reminds me that there are others living this same story...oh, dear.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile
On the web this morning, there was an picture and the caption said something about one of the firefighters hearing a young boy crying for help. OMG, I couldn't read the article. This story is just so sad. So, so heartwrenching, as Laurie stated.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Powell Family in the news Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page