Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 A surprise from lauria (hen)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic A surprise from lauria (hen) Next Topic  

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  6:13:26 PM  Show Profile

this little girl was born with a crooked neck so the local feed store gave her to me free back when she was born in July...Well she is also a broiler & I was told not to expect her to live long as either her legs would break or she would have a heart attack...well here it is 6 months later & she is going strong...now she stays in the house cause the other kids peck at her & she cries out & runs to hide behind my legs...Anyway Yesterday my hubby found a egg she had laid in the bathroom...Its her 1st!
Now not 24 hours earlier we were talking about how maybe her genes were so screwed up from making her grow so fast that maybe she couldn't lay eggs cause all her energy was going into making more meat....well I am beyond happy to know that whatever I have been doing for her has her able to lay an egg....Now is that not the coolest thing when you think about it?!
I would never try to let a Roo mate with her & try to hatch the eggs because I do know that the chicks would carry too many problems but I am so proud of my little girl.
Just had to share that with you cause I am so happy....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogger.com

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:19:13 PM  Show Profile
oh batz she is the cutest. i know here the ones broken are the sweetest. its like they are so grateful for your care and love. just the fact that she runs behind you for protection. this is way cool happy days to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  11:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Michele' that is wonderful...she is one of God's miracles Congrat

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  09:15:53 AM  Show Profile
What a cute story. Hurray for Lauria the hen.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  10:13:01 AM  Show Profile
She's a beauty. I just love my chickens, as I can tell you do as well. Thank you for sharing this story. It put a big smile on my face.

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic A surprise from lauria (hen) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page