Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Sporty Farmgirls
 US Figure Skating Championships
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic US Figure Skating Championships Next Topic  

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  6:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes., I a an ex figure skater (750,000 lbs ago)
The sport does not have the draw that it did back in the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding days, but I still watch EVERY event.
& this year, our dance champs gave me chill bumps (my barometer for a good performance)
They are the 1st US team to ever win world gold, a honor previously dominated by the Russians. (OK, they are coached by Russians)
Anyway, here is a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfr4GAOjRdU&feature=related
I love how she is SOOO delicate, & he has this mop of blonde hair.. Such a contrast, & so appealing..to me anyway.
(& such a contrast to Sunday's upcoming event )

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Besides being an NFL watcher, and lover of the sport, I also watch figure skating. I remember watching the days of Kerrigan and Harding. I remember the news about Harding having Kerrigan hurt some kind of way. Thanks for the link.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  04:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, I guess I'll go ahead and show my age here. I remember watching Peggy Fleming when I was a little girl. I've been watching figure skating ever since. My folks loved the winter sports and Olympics and it rubbed off on me.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Dawn
We must be around the same age. I started skating after being inspired by Peggy Fleming.
She still looks great.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  5:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Lisa,
I used to do figure skating, too. Still love to watch it whenever I can (which isn't often). DD and I used to skate together until she had a bad skating accident two years ago. Don't go anymore after that.

Saw Peggy Fleming on tv the other day when she was honored. She is still amazing!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile
I watched the dance competition the other day (well par to fit anyway) and it was awesome! I've not heard of icedance before. I've enjoyed watching figure skating since I was itty bitty--my mom used to like to watch it anytime it was on--that and the ballroom dance competition on PBS.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic US Figure Skating Championships Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page