Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer for sister's ex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer for sister's ex Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile
My sister called this morning. Her ex had a stroke (they think. Not really sure what happened.) a few months ago. He has not been right since. Like a child. So he is back in hospital and is having surgery at noon for a mass on his brain. He asked for prayer and this is a good thing. He is not a Christian as far as I know unless something has happened the past few months. I do not talk to him. But he is the dad of my neice.

Thank you all for praying for him. His name is Steve Moore. He is in Augusta, Ga.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  06:25:43 AM  Show Profile
And I just wanted to say that I am praying for all of these prayer requests on here as well. I do look at each one and say a prayer as I see them. Just wanted each of you to know that I do pray even though I may not post on every single one.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  06:35:56 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being lifted up for your sister and her ex. I hope that things are ok for him and that his surgery goes well. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  06:43:01 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Amy.

Also wanted to say that my sister and her daughter, Sami, live in Colorado so it's really hard on them. They did come for a week when this first happened. And Steve wants Sami there now with him. So this is hard on them having to wait so far away.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  06:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, prayers for your ex brother-in-law that they may find out what is causing this trouble and treat it accordingly. Also, prayers for your sister and Sami. It has to be hard knowing her dad is having health problems and not being able to be with him.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  08:35:56 AM  Show Profile
Kris:
i will be praying for your sister's ex. It is a good thing, I think, that he has asked for prayer.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  4:28:29 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for Steve and all.. Hope his surgery is successful and his health will improve quickly.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  1:14:19 PM  Show Profile
Steve is in ICU now waiting on the biopsy reselts. They got as much of the mass as they could. So now just waiting. Thanks for all the prayers.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  1:45:07 PM  Show Profile
I am praying to Kris. How scary. Praying for healing for Steve, comfort for your sister and especially Sami. She must be scared.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  08:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Kris- Just saw this post. Prayers for Steve, that he recovers and they can treat his illness. Prayers for poor Sami being so hard away from her dad. and prayers for your sister to help guide her daughter through this. In others words- lots of prayers going up! Please keep us posted.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Adding prayers (hugs)

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  5:26:13 PM  Show Profile
My mom said that when he woke up from the surgery he was paralized on his left side. I haven't talked to my sister yet and she will know more. They were still waiting on the biopsy results. Thanks for your prayers. Looks like he will need more. When I find out more, I will post.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:31:29 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for him and that he may come to faith

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  12:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Prayers just sent up for Steve and especially that he may come to the Lord.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  1:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going out to Steve that he may know where the healing comes from. And to all involved, Sami especially be-cause he is her dad.
The surgeons are the instruments to the Master Surgeon and Healer. Thank you Lord.

Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  5:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Kris - I am praying for your sister's ex, your sister, your niece and your whole family.

And I am like you - I do pray for every request I read here, even if I don't get a chance to post and say that I am doing it.

I don't think it matter what religion you are, or what your spiritual philosophies or practices are, when someone lifts you up in their hearts to a higher power, I believe it helps. I do feel the warmth of others prayers for me and I always hope that other feel it when I or someone else prays for them.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  5:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Suzanne I agree with you. I don't believe it matters what religion you are. Its more important to pray for one another and help one another and lift each other up.

Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  5:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, I just saw this - I'll be praying for your ex -BIL as well as your sister and niece - such a hard place to be - but the Lord will be with all of them giving comfort and peace!
hugs and prayers
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile
I hope that Steve is doing better and has regained muscle strength. I'm still praying!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  08:34:54 AM  Show Profile
I called my sister last night to see if she had heard any more about Steve and Sami answered the phone so I talked to her. Apparently Steve's mother is being a witch with a capital B and will not call them now. They wanted Sami to be there for Steve's surgery and she is only 13 and in school and what could she have done anyway? They want her there every time school is out and every vacation. It is very expensive to fly and my sister just can't do it so much. So now the grandparents are mad and acting like imature kids so we don't know how Steve is doing. And he's in Savannah at a hospital there. So it's hard to find anything out about him now. But when I do hear anything, I will post it here. Thank you all so much for your prayers. Now I guess we need to pray for this whacky family situation. They really are crazy strange people. Trying to make a 13 year feel guilty.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  8:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Talked to my sister last night. She said Steve has 6 months to a year to live. He has some kind of Blastoma cancer. He was sent home with Hospice care. That doesn't sound good. And I don't know how much Sami has been told about all this. But his parents want her to come live there and be with her dad through all this. They are being really horrible and saying some really nasty things to my sister. They are not nice people at all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer for sister's ex Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page