Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What apron are you making first?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What apron are you making first? Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  1:26:12 PM  Show Profile
I just received the new MJF magazine today - actually just about an hour ago - and I can't wait to start in making some new aprons! I have to say, I just love the one on the cover - the one with red cherries and the ruffle - I think I'm going to have to order that pattern. In the meanwhile, which apron are you all making first? I'm going to make the "hankie pocket" apron first - it looks a little dressy, and lately I've been wanting something pretty and new... How about you?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  1:32:04 PM  Show Profile
omigod -- the new magazine??? It's off to Borders tonight for me!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
it usually goes to homes before it goes to stores sorry to be a party recker

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  2:08:39 PM  Show Profile
boo hoo . . . but I may just have to check the stores this weekend?
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  5:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
wow... let me know girls when you get yours at the book store it takes about a week to two weeks after the rest of the nation for our borders store to recieve mjf anything.... :)

Happiness must be grown in one's own garden!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  7:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!! I just checked the website to see if the new magazine was up yet. There is a picture and you should see the cover. It is the most beautiful picture of MaryJane. I'm ordering mine off the site. I ran all over town last time to try and find one. Decided I'm not doing that again. Now if I can just stand it until it's available.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com Free shipping through 9/15.

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 31 2006 7:39:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  7:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Went to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and they said it should be in by September 21st. It'll be here before you know it! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  8:04:31 PM  Show Profile
oh wow, apron patterns! what fun!
I know what I want for my birthday next month. :0) woohoo.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  9:17:02 PM  Show Profile
I ordered mine online with MaryJanes, hope it is ready to be shipped!!!!

can't wait!!!!!!!!

love, gloria g.

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  02:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Libbie,
Thanks for posting this - I have been waiting for the aprons issue, so I could order all the available back issues, and I hadn't seen it was out yet!! The cover is gorgeous - I was thinking the other day that my favourite thing to do with my apron on is chopping firewood. Makes me feel so Farmgirl!!!
Anyway, I tried to order online and it won't let me - I've sent them an email to try to work it out. What if they are all gone before I can get one?? Oh no!!
Can't wait to see which aprons everyone makes!
Best wishes from an apron lover,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  03:37:23 AM  Show Profile
I'll check at the Borders this weekend and see if I can find it or get an estimated date of arrival. . . . Just think of all the aprons that will be sewn after we all get this mag!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile
Just went to the MJ site and ordered the new magazine, very cute picture of mj on the cover is right, another 2 years and maybe my hair will be that long.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  10:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
heres a question are the patterns in the book differnt than the 10 they sell in their store

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  5:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I have another question. Are they the ubiquitous one size fits all which means there isn't a chance they will fit my bodacious curves or are they sized?

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!
I'll try to answer all your questions.
katie-ell: The magazine should be in stores by Sept. 25 (some stores could be earlier). Subscriptions are sent out by the printer as soon as the magazines are printed - subscribers often get theirs before we've even seen a printed magazine here at the farm!

daffodil dreamer: Gabe takes care of problems on our ordering site, and he isn't working today (Labor Day), but I'll send him a note to check for problems on the magazine page.

sunshine: We had some apron patterns in our book; those are not for sale on our website, you get those with the book. The magazine has 5 free apron patterns and photos of the 10 we're selling on our website.

Kathigene: As a plus-size (24) farmgirl myself, I can confidently tell you that there are 3 apron patterns we're selling that actually DO fit us! As you'll see in the magazine, I'm modeling the Farmgirl Apron and Helen's Apron, and they both fit me as well as they fit MaryJane! The third one that fits is the Mommy, Daughter, Dolly apron, which comes in 3 sizes for Mommy and 3 more for Daughter. One of our seamstresses made one for me, and I just love it! This is good news for us plus-sized gals, isn't it!!??

Thanks, girls, for all your support, and enjoy the magazine!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  1:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Carol -- thanks for the update! I'm excited about the plus size aprons. Love the Helen's apron. I have to have that one!

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com Free shipping through 9/15.

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  1:57:35 PM  Show Profile
Yes, thanks Carol. I'll postpone my trip to the bookstore til Sept 25 or thereabouts. Meanwhile I'll keep gathering vintage kitchen fabrics . . . just right for aprons . . .
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  2:41:57 PM  Show Profile
I am a quilter who has been into making aprons and clothespin bags lately. Quick and easy. Hey, if we have to do chores all the time, then might as well have some fun things to use while doing them right? I love the vintage style of aprons, but I make them in any style that my friends and family ask for. The apron in the MJ magazine is lovely. I might try that next weekend when I am off.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  3:14:31 PM  Show Profile
I just realized that I was talking about the aprons in her book, not the magazine. I didn't get the magazine yet, but should get it in the mail any time now. I just did an order (got ALL the back issues) and got her book and the flour mixes for baking. An apron pattern came with the farmgirl mix I ordered. I won't be able to sleep now thinking about an issue all about aprons!! YAY!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  6:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol. I did send an email to the orders one - am waiting for a reply. Maybe I'll just see if someone can get me one and post it. Either way, can't wait to see it!
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What apron are you making first? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page