LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile
DD3 and I just fixed up a huge pot of vegetarian chili and put it on the stove to simmer for tonight's dinner.

We put in some of the last peppers, jalapenos and chiles I froze from my own garden at the end of the season. Makes me think of Summer and long for Spring. It's also mighty cold and snowy here today, so chili (whith all the toppings) and some homemade bread will be the ideal family dinner.

Anyone else making chilli for tonight? If so, what kind are you making? I love to hear about other Farmgirls' takes on family dinners!

PS - Just realized Nicole (texdane) started her awesome What's for dinner tonight? post here by describing her chili night! I must have been thinking of her when I posted this! :) just wanted to see if any Farmgirls had the same idea we had for today! Sorry if I'm being repetitive!
Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Jan 30 2012 07:53:06 AM

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Suzanne! Boy, I'm just east of you, and they're calling for being in the 60's today! Is it really January?
I love to have chili, though my family tend to be carnivores - 2 kinds of meat when available - but also 2 kinds of beans. Canned tomatoes or fresh, seasonings, fresh cilantro.... I always forget an ingredient, so my kids always try to guess what I forgot! But still good and hearty.
Stay warm! Thanks for the inspiration _Lisa
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Your chili nights sound like fun, too! Can you believe this crazy weather? Yesterday it was ice cold with slush on the ground and today it is 65 and my youngest two girls and I are about to have a picnic outside! Hard to believe it is February tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic chili for dinner - 1/30/12 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page