kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:21:49 PM  Show Profile
and drying sheets on the line. Today. Yes, Jan. 28th.

I found some pretty bright yellow daffadills out front in the chicken yard. Picked some and brought them inside to cheer me and make me think of spring.

And went egg hunting and found 5. Yep, 5. 3 green and 2 brown. That means all 3 of my old Americana hens laid an egg today! Yeehaw! I think we are back in the egg business!

And I washed sheets this morning and hung them out to dry. It took all day but they did and are now on my bed that I am ready to fall into.

It was a beautiful day here today but cold. I am ready for some springtime now. I hope you all had a wonderful day too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 29 2012 07:35:13 AM

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  06:10:33 AM  Show Profile
I was a beautiful day Kris. I have a few daffodils blooming in a little flower bed at the back door. I haven't picked them because that is the door we use the most and I love seeing them as I walk in. When I went out to feed the cows yesterday I noticed that the Jonquils had unopened blooms. They should be opening soon and that is the true signal of Spring. They line the 1/4 mile driveway to the house and it is simply beautiful when they are in bloom.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  06:36:53 AM  Show Profile
Wow- havent had daffodils up here on Long Island yet. I LOVE daffodils- they are one of my favorte flowers! We have been Blessed with amazingly nice weather- thats for sure! Havent had any eggs from my girls as of yet- probably another month.
Looking forward to spring here too!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  06:45:11 AM  Show Profile
Kristin - such a pick me up all that "little stuff" is! I'm glad you take time to smell (and notice) the flowers! We are headed for Savannah in March, so very lovely there then!
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! One of my customers found 5 daffodils. I havent gotten mine yet but cant wait. Compared to the last 2 winters this one is great so far. Utilities are so much cheaper also.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:29:56 AM  Show Profile
I can't imagine seeing daffodils in January...but it is good to hear that Spring is waking up in other parts of the country....won't be long here!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:41:34 AM  Show Profile
I see I spelled the flower wrong so changed that.

Sue, I was just talking to a friend yesterday about going to Tybee Island this summer with the grands. How long are you staying there and what will you be doing? Do you have family there?

Victoria, your driveway sounds beautiful with all the flowers along the way. I am trying to line mine with azaleas but have lost some to too much sun. I have some forsythia at the end of the driveway so I may have to get more of them.

Laurie, I hope you get some flowers and eggs soon. I sure do love going out to look for those eggs. It's a surprise every single time now and I nearly shout for joy when I find them!

Paula, I don't think I have seen daffodills this early here. In February they are all over the place. But with all the rain and warmer than normal temps, they are up and running now.

I hope everyone gets some beautiful daffodills soon. It's only less than 2 months til spring!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  09:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Kris: It was a beautiful day here in SW Louisiana yesterday, also. And- today looks just as wonderful. Glad to hear you are taking time to "smell the roses"/ daffodills.
Enjoy today.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:07:28 AM  Show Profile
It so nice to read about everyone's daffodills and little signs of spring. We have had an unusually warm winter - but I think it will be a while before I see any daffodills. My DH and I have been wearing out the seed catalogues in anticipation of expanding our garden. Looking forward to that. Someone should post some pictures of their daffodills. I'd love to see them.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Daffodills and eggs... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page