Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, have you ever made a mix-up that just leaves you feeling totally stupid or wondering if your brain is even there?? We were supposed to attend a surprise party for a dear friend of ours and I was supposed to bring a snack that wasn't sweet. Convinced that today is the 27th, I made a big batch of sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple chunks and put them in a crock pot, got dressed (as did hubby) and hopped in the car. The party was at a church and I noticed somebody inside, so I went in and asked where the party was being held. The party? THAT was LAST night! And you want to know what is even worse? I saw a post on FB by the honoree's daughter-in-law about how she was going to veg out tonight and I chuckled to myself that she was really laying it on thick to keep him fooled. Am I an idiot or what?? I dropped the meatballs off at the home of the birthday boy and his wife. :-(

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh well. I thought today was the 27th too. So sorry you missed the party. I have done that way too many times myself. And probably will some more.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:52:46 PM  Show Profile
A couple of months ago my cousin drove to the town where his friend was getting married. It wasn't until after he had checked into the hotel that he realized that the wedding was actually the next weekend! lol! At least he was still able to attend. So sorry you missed the party and NO! You are not an idiot! I have so many "Emily moments" it's not even funny. I often ask myself (literally I ask myself out loud) How did you survive to be 36? I know you're upset that you missed the party, but laugh at yourself (in a good way)!!! It makes life so much easier when you can the find the humor in things.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh that's such a bummer. It is certainly worth laughing about though!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  06:49:49 AM  Show Profile
I am quite sure that someday when you recall that incident you will laugh if you are not doing so yet! Too bad you missed the party though!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:14:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies. I am laughing. I promise. In fact, I'm thinking, "Blog material!!" :-) Emily, boy did you bring up a memory. I was around 25 when a friend of mine was getting married and we got an invitation. We had graduated from Middle Tennessee State University together, but she was from Atlanta and that was where her family and friends were. Soooo, I got a new dress, loaded up the vehicle and we headed for Atlanta, checked into a hotel and the next morning got up, got ready and went to the church. We went in and ushers were standing there, walking guests in and they asked if we were friends of the bride or groom. Bride of course. They walked us down the isle and gave us a "program". As I scanned my sheet of paper, I realized that the two people getting married were not my friend and her fiance!! Oh my gosh. My husband and I got up and skulked back down the isle. I was totally confused. I called my friend a couple of weeks later and told her what had happened, wondering what in the world I had done wrong. The wedding was in Murfreesboro, TN!! At a church with the same name as the one we went to. The invitation didn't say in Murfreesboro and so I just assumed. You know what you get when you assume!!!

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  09:20:19 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, thanks for sharing those two stories. I'm laughing just a bit, only because I've done things like that. I do believe that both stories are, indeed, blog material!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:15:53 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth - thanks for my morning laugh. Oh my gosh - the wedding story is hysterical.

I missed a wedding several years ago. It was so hot - our car did not have AC and we were all dressed up. You get that confused feeling when you pull up and there are no cars in the parking lot... Ugh.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:08:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary Beth, I feel for you! What funny stories! I can somewhat relate as I prepaid a hotel bill (special rates) for the wrong weekend in Ft Worth. So I had to pay for another weekend for the correct dates of this last horse show we went to. Arg!

I have been absent from the forum for a while, hope all is well with you my friend!

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my . . . you made me smile! Isn't life so fun?!?!?
We're all in it TOGETHER!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  1:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marsha!! How are things going? We need to get together for lunch again!! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  10:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Here's one---as I posted in another thread, I went to AK last week for my dad's 80th birthday. I wore my Ariat waterproof boots as I didn't know what the weather would be like or if I might ride horses with my sister-in-law. But I packed a pair of regular shoes also. When I unpacked I couldn't believe it--I had brought shoes from two different pairs. Oh, well, they were so similar no one would probably notice. But then I realized something looked funny. I had brought two LEFT shoes. Talk about stupid AND disgusted.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Age or Brains? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page