Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Thaw Next Topic  

Kassie_K
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Wisconsin
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2005 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile
How is everyones snow melt? Is it gone? Not here!! It feels like this winter was way to long here. My baby French Lops are now 2 wks old and are adorable. The Flemish Giants start there 28th day on the 30th [next week] I have 3 bred.One more French Lop due also. Hopefully I will also get the Turkeys ordered soon. Still looking at melting snow in Wisconsin

When the door opens, It's GODS will.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2005 :  10:27:05 PM  Show Profile
we had some more snow last night and again this afternoon..but todays was mixed with rain and the last of the snow has already melted. We had a weird warm rainy Feb. and that did in alot of the snow. Even the last little spots were gone by a couple weeks ago.
How fun that you are getting all the new baby bunnies. I miss that..used to have lots of rabbits but didn't move them there when we moved. Just 2 of them and the sheep, dogs and cat. Got new goats, chickens and like that since then.

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2005 :  12:54:12 AM  Show Profile
For me in Florida, there is a little nagging part of my heart that hates to see winter go. Now it is onward to the heat and bugs and hurricane season. Just yesterday I was thinking that here my favorite times of the year are fall and winter. I can still garden, but I love the look of the autumn light in the sky and the woods when they are stark and still clinging to the last of the fall color even into February.

When I read about your snow and the thaw, I remember back to how tired I would become of winter up north, and find it intriguing how different parts of the country evoke such different emotions with the change of season.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2005 :  06:50:22 AM  Show Profile
I agree Jeannie. It becomes more apparent too since we've found this way to communicate with each other, just how diverse our country is in many ways, including weather trends and seasons, and how those affect our daily lives. I suppose we all just would do well to honor where we are, and be thankful for our individual sets of circumstances... and listen in awe and wonder at some of the other options available to others in different regions. Spring is definately here in WA; however, we are getting a last minute burst of mountain snows and some valley rains which are sorely, sorely needed. It's still below freezing at night recently, so all of the fruit tree growers have their wind machines going to circulate air to keep the blossoms from freezing since we had several weeks of warm weather which encouraged early growth. It's still a bit chilly in my area to begin vegetable gardening, but I do hope to get out this weekend and finish cleaning up my flower beds and getting them dressed for spring and summer time (not literally, but compost and weeding and such! ). Ahh, the seasons and the cycles. They are a wonder and a miracle!!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Edited by - Clare on Mar 25 2005 06:52:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2005 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile
WE have had about 4 hours of hard snow this morning..I guess winter isn't ready to give up yet in my corner of the world. But..the kids are home for spring break and I have soup cooking for lunch and knitting to do later...could be a good day after all.

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Thaw Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page