Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Look WHo's Lookin'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Look WHo's Lookin' Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  11:14:32 PM  Show Profile
I was puttering in my sewing room today, when I noticed a bunch of little birds taking shelter under the balcony by the window of my sewing room... peering in at me...
What you can't see, is my little kitty, Peek-a-boo.... wishing she could go out & play with them,,,ya! riiiight! Play with them,,,

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Loved your picture and story. Our cat pepper sits in the bay windwo and peers out at the birds feeding in an evergreen not far away. Her whiskers twitch, mouth screws around almost all over her face, and she chatters like a chicken. It is so much fun to watch her. Thanks again!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  09:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing that picture. The birds have to have shelter, too.
Claudia: I have an outside cat name Pepper who loves to try an catch the birds. My inside cat, Gracie, thinks she catches the birds. She'll go through the whole jumping at the bird, holding it in her paws, and tumbling with it. She chatters for ever if there is a bird in view.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13647 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13647 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  10:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
How fun! My cat, Skye, gets up on the back of the couch and watches the birds outside the big window. She is outside part of the time as well and she catchs birds . . and chipmunks . . . and baby cottontail rabbits . . and gophers. She is amazing at catching gophers. She is 16 years old and still does it, however, she is slowing down. I think she'll probably retire from "gophering" before long. She just wants to sleep in the sun most of the day.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  11:37:43 AM  Show Profile
yep, my peekie also 'chatters'... it's the funniest thing to hear & see...
I've also heard her 'smack into the window' cuz she forgets she is inside! lol!
I suspect the birdies 'thumb their noses(beaks)' at her just to torment her! lol!
Dolly~girl, on the other hand just passes out from the shere exhaustion of just watching the birdies! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  11:46:34 AM  Show Profile
When I was young my grandma had two parakets and they would just sing. It was so cute.

My husband sai when he was young 10-12 yrs old, his mom had a miter bird and it had a 100 words vocabulary, well him and his brother taught it to call the cat. In the summer the cage was set near window and the window would be up it had a screen.And everytime their cat would walk by outside the bird would call "Here kitty,kitty,kitty." Mhy husband said that was the funniest thing.
When some one would come by and knock on the door it would say" Hello stupid". There are a bunch of stoiries that are so hilarious.
Marlee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:04:57 PM  Show Profile
We had a cocatial, named "Meiko"... that bird would start squalking just as my hubby would pull into the driveway.. My poor hubby could not sneak in.. Meiko would go into his version of 'Daddy's home' mode!
Sadly I had him out on his perch on the patio (back in SO.Cal) when we got hit by an earthquake... Meiko freaked out & flew off, he circled around a few times... I tried to re-capture him then a 2nd tremor hit and that was the last I saw of our Meiko... We left his cage & feed dish on the patio for almost a month... I was shocked that he was able to fly, because I always kept his wings clipped. I clipped them unevenlay so he could flutter around but not actually fly or at least so I thought.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:18:03 PM  Show Profile

the birds around here are toooo funny & so intertaining... between the quail, the 'dumber than dirt' Kildeer and the mischmosch of assorted birds and turkeys there is never a dull moment.
The 1st year up here we had a Guinea Hen that ran with a covey of Quail.... but after that 1st Winter up here, sadly we never saw him again. I have a photo of him somewhere,, I'll have to search for it...funniest thing, you'd see this line of mama/papa quail, the younguns and this goofey Guinea at the end of the line.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Look WHo's Lookin' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page