Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic herbs to lower blood pressure Next Topic  

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  7:44:06 PM  Show Profile
My Dr has been trying to lower my BP with meds. So far we are on the 3rd one. We keep changing them. First one made me dizzy, 2nd one didn't lower it much and the 3rd one has given me a terrible dry cough. He's looking for one that works and I want one that works without side effects. Actually it's not real high 140-150/ high 80's to low 90's, but does need to come down some. I do not eat canned or prepared foods and never add or cook with salt. I could not tolerate salt when I was pregnant and just never developed a taste or need for it. I exercise reg. and am not overweight. The Dr says it's probably family related.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone could suggest a more natural way to lower the BP.
Thanks
TEDDIE

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  5:53:26 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what herbs might help, but I have seen a book by the authors of "Prescriptions for Natural Healing" (the Balch couple?!?) that is about Herbal Healing -

Okay - I just checked it out on Amazon.com - here's the link

[http://www.amazon.com/Prescription-Herbal-Healing-Reference-Disorders/dp/0895298694/sr=8-1/qid=1157417518/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-2296098-0328111?ie=UTF8&s=books]

I think you might find the information you're looking for in this book.

Good luck!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  1:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Teddie -- I'm following the DASH diet for hypertension -- it's on the Mayo Clinic website -- and it's helping me alot, especially in cutting the sodium in my diet. And daily exercise is important in regulating blood pressure -- not (just) to lose weight, but to relieve stress. Also check into the Rice Diet Program from Durham, North Carolina. Their program is very low sodium and really emphasizes the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of healthy, more mindful living. Very helpful to me.

I am eating only whole foods -- fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds, only occasional meat (chicken, fish) -- and I'm walking every day and my blood pressure has gone down significantly.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic herbs to lower blood pressure Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page