julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  12:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I just make too much of everything. Last night for example. Too much cous-cous. What was I thinking making 2 cups when 1 cup would have been more than enough. I also had left over edamame that I add to salads.. So for lunch today I made the most delicious little meal for myself!

small cast iron skillet, I added peanut oil. ~Tbsp.. got it piping hot. I added firm tofu to fry it up a little. I like my tofu kind of crunchy. Added some fresh red pepper slices, some edamame..nice and toasty hot! Added couple splashes of soy sauce, peanut sauce and red chili sauce..poured it all over a small serving of cous-cous! WOW..delish!!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.esty.com/shop/injuliaspirit
www.caringbridge.org/aboutaria

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Julia that sounds delightful and yummy, however.... for me, I would have topped it off with chocolate syrup. Now we're talking yummy!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  4:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Marly!! I'm coming to your house!! A guilt free chocolate syrup splash sounds like the ticket!! hilarious!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.esty.com/shop/injuliaspirit
www.caringbridge.org/aboutaria
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  8:36:40 PM  Show Profile
My house can accompany you and your whole family. We shall sit under the cypress trees and make ourselves moss robes and eat our chocolate and cous cous. We can't sit too close to the lake or we may have to share with the alligators. But- come on down. We'll have a chocolate bash of memories.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  8:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh...I forgot the most important thing. Every one bring boots to wear. I am the funniest, and nicest when I am wearing my red boot.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Julia...that is how I use leftovers! I always scramble some leftover quinoa with my eggs. Brown some onions and maybe some leftover broccoli and scramble with eggs and 1/4 C quinoa. Makes a breakfast that lasts a looooong time!

And, we are sort of neighbors. I live just north of Hayden, Idaho. Just south of Silverwood. Enjoy the snow today!

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Leftover Chili = Chili Pie. Last night I made too much chili. I could have frozen the leftovers, but since I wasn't in the mood to cook big for tonight, I decided to turn the leftovers in chili pie, by adding Biscuit mix to the top in a 9x9 casserole pan: chili, cheese, top with biscuit mix, Bake at 350 until top is light brown/done. serve with sour cream, salsa and more cheese on top.

~miles of smiles~
Peg Graham
http://unforgettable-peggraham.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Peg Graham on Mar 16 2012 12:19:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile
I went overboard with spaghetti last night. Tonight I will put it in a cake pan with the sauce and stir it together. Then I top with shredded cheese and bake till hot. The girls love it and will eat it like they're starvin. Even better than the spaghetti from the night before!! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic creative left-overs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page