MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  09:38:08 AM  Show Profile
This is a question for all those Knitting Chickens out there. I have a gorgeous pullover sweater that I purchased on a trip to Ireland. The problem is, I never wear it because it IS a pullover. Is there a way to remake it into a cardigan? Any help on this would be appreciated!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  3:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
margaret,
it can be done...look for "reconstructed" items on etsy to get your inspiration. i've done many projects like this, some more successfuly than others. when reconstructing knits, remember to sew BEFORE you cut or you will loose the stitches and to work very slowly. i also recomend using hem tape below the area you plan to machine stitch to keep the yarns from being pulled down into the throat of the machine.

www.muddyprincess.wordpress.com

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  6:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Corrinne! I will check those out. I was thinking of putting some green grosgrain ribbon on either side of where I will cut the sweater. Would make a good place for some fashion of closings too.

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Remake a sweater? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page