Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gently and lovingly worn clothes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gently and lovingly worn clothes Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  09:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Anyone interested in looking at some gently worn hand-sewn clothes? 2T, 3T, 4T. I have dresses, bloomers, skirts and two piece dress/bloomer outfits. If you're interested I'll post pictures...Let me know..I WAY into trade and would prefer that really..

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.esty.com/shop/injuliaspirit
www.caringbridge.org/aboutaria

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile
I have a little girl who will be wearing 2 and 3 T shortly. What types of things do you enjoy trading for? I've got an entire fabric store in a room of my house if you get your jollies from craft supplies, or I may be able to rustle up some other goodies like cookbooks or knick knacks. I may be moving in may very long distance indeed so I've already got a box running for Etsy/ebay/barter. The forums may need to brace for impact when the time comes...

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  2:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Jen, I just finished taking some pictures and will be posting pics soon.

I LOVE notions of all kinds; buttons, ribbon, lace etc.. I LOVE velvet and linen type fabrics. I do not collect knick-knacks of any kind but I love baskets, pottery, glass. I'm always looking for silver dinner ware or silverplated small spoons in particular. They must look like silver though, not stainless steel. I LOVE garden seeds (organic only). I'm a handmade soap fiend and I love interesting things to put in my gardens..fairies, mushrooms etc...I love crafting material, glitter, markers, paint, art paper and so forth...that ought to give you some good ideas!! Stay tuned......~julia hayes

Farmgirl #30
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  7:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Are you interested at all in bolt lace? as in yardage, not trim? I have a lot of it in several colors like valentine red, seafoam green, pink, etc.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  4:12:19 PM  Show Profile
*****Taken******

I'm just testing this!! I have downloaded 22 pictures and want to make sure I'm copying the right tag.
this is a simple skirt for I'm thinking 3T- 5T depending on the size of the little one. My daughter, Rianna who is 5 could easily where this..it would be short on her but she loves to wear short skirts with leggins...the price on this skirt is 7.00.
BUT BUT BUT I totally prefer to trade...

Farmgirl #30

Edited by - julia hayes on Jan 17 2012 7:01:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  4:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lord..that's pretty big..let me do some editing and then I'll post the rest...stay tuned...

Farmgirl #30
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  5:04:35 PM  Show Profile

This is linen and fit 3T on up. My 5 year would still love to wear this. It's getting a little tight around the belly and is certainly getting short but she loves it. It has a small stain on the front that I will try to get out.

3T-4T fleece outfit. My girls have LOVED these outfits. The dress and pants can be worn as separates. Easy wash and wear. 12.00

*****Taken*******
Here's another one. I've mixed and matched the pants. Again. 3T - 4T 12.00

2T - 3T Black fleece pants with vintage lace. 6.00

2T - 3T red fleece pants with vintage lace. 6.00

2T-3T cotton flannel pants. NEVER been worn. decorative trim and vintage lace. 12.00

Close up view of the lace waist.

thin fabric bloomers. 3T This has a faded purple check velvet trim. 4.00

********Taken*********
super fancy bloomers 2T - 3T. 4.00

close up view.

too cute 2T pumpkin fleece outfit. The seams are on the outside to play along with a carved pumpkin theme. Fun! 12.00

I'll post some dresses next..just wanted to see how these work

Farmgirl #30

Edited by - julia hayes on Jan 17 2012 7:04:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  6:37:28 PM  Show Profile
forgive me..I really thought I had gone through all of the pictures and changed their size. Sorry if some of them are still so big they practically strangle you!! Heavens!! Here are some more!!

I've had to sneak this one away from Rianna my 5 year old. She LOVES it but it is really for a 3T! It barely covers her little bottom! But it's very twirlie, which she loved about it and the fact that there's this wonderful layer of flannel in the skirt. This thing has been washed and worn and loved! I would love to see another little girl wear it and love it! 6.00

This is the exact same style dress in the flannel material that is the peek-a-boo piece in the other dress. I used a piece of bright red..what it is? not ribbon but the edging one finds on a pillow. It is such a wonderful little addition to this dress. The buttons in the back are mix and match because my girls are whimsical and that speaks to them. This dress is also washed and washed and the flannel has just become softer and softer! It's 2T- 4T 6.00

Here's the back view

This dress was made using a vintage 1950's pattern. I know, how fabulous is that! It is 100% cotton in a sort of denim like material. It is absolutely kid proof! It's 2T - 3T and washes and wears like nobody's business! 8.00

Here's a back view...just a simple ribbon button closure..My favorite because the kids can practice unbuttoning and if they forget to button it..oh well who cares!!

Same exact style dress just different way cool material. 2T- 3T 8.00

here's the back view

This is an 18month old type dress. Again, the pattern is from a 1950's vintage number my mother in law gave me. Very cool but I followed this one to every degree so the neck is really narrow as are the arm holes. A 2 year might squeeze into it. VERY cute regardless. The fabric is linen so it wear well and washes easily. 6.00

this is one of my all time favorite designs. Another 1950's pattern that is supposed to be 2T. I find it fit babies who are much younger. 12 months even! The button up back is so much fun. (picture to follow). I made the matching fancy pants. This one is lined with a a nice cool satin like fabric. 8.00

Back view..

Farmgirl #30
Go to Top of Page

Irishgypsy
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Stacy
Senoia GA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  12:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Why I am not in the market for little girls clothes anymore, mine are grown. I just wanted to tell you that these are beautiful and I bet your daughters loved wearing them!

Farmgirl sister#3743
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  6:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm still working on pulling some things I think you might like. Love all the clothes, I would be most interested in the smallest clothes.

Would you be interested in some larger girls patterns? I have a lot of little girl daisy kingdom stuff. The old family business was a fabric store, so if I dig deep enough, I can find most anything.

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  7:00:57 PM  Show Profile
~Irishgypsy! Thank you for the generosity of your words. I felt the kindness just wash over me! My daughters did love wearing these clothes. Truly...I can't keep them all even though they are filled with memories..It is time to move them out and let them be loved even more. I must say, THAT idea fills me with such glee that I feel I could bust!!!

Dusky Beauty!!
Thank you!! The smallest items I have available would be
1. the black linen dress that has the white-ish collar. It zips in the back. This is 12 - 18 months.

2. the summer daisy dress with matching fancy pants. There is something so special about that style!
Some of the other 2 T pants and that pumpkin fleece outfit might work but the 2 I named are clearly the smallest...

****The black and white toille skirt, the blue flower fleece with yellow pants and the white bloomers with the blue bows are spoken for..***

I'll edit the pictures so people know...Dusky Beauty..BTW, I'm not interested in patterns. I have them coming out my ears!! send me an email with your address and I'll get these items packaged up for you...let me know if you want more than just those 2 things....

Thanks so much!!! Makes me sooooo happy!!

Farmgirl #30
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  9:18:54 PM  Show Profile
My baby girl has been started to eek into 2Ts now that she's 16 mos, so anything in that range will work, I really love the flannel dresses too. I'll send you some PMs tomorrow with pics of things I have to offer :D I have a bunch of goodies I think you'll like.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  9:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Julia, I used to my clothes 25 yrs ago for my God daughter....I loved sewing for that age...your clothes are so beautiful....I just wanted to say that they are wonderful...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gently and lovingly worn clothes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page