Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 looking for the perfect 4 season farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking for the perfect 4 season farm Next Topic
Page: of 2

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  8:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Carolyn & Marcia...
I think I got your snow!!!!
I am out on the West Plains of Spokane....we had rain & snow over the weekend...April Fools day was quit the day and Mama Nature gave us a April Fools day of snow & rain... but today it was sunny part of the day...
Yep, certainly got the seasons up here in WA.
p.s. I luv the Palouse stretch!
Have you gals been up to 'Hurds Merchantle' over in Rockford? kool store!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  8:45:28 PM  Show Profile
Rachell,
congrats on finding your dream and let us know how the offer goes.
farmgirl hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace! Let me know when you want to sell. Colorado is beautiful. I was stationed there when I was in the Air Force. Post pics !

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  10:52:50 AM  Show Profile
All that is in KY. that is why I am here.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  09:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Here in the Southwestern corner of Idaho, we have 4 seasons. The valleys don't get lots of snow. There are people who ski in the mornings at Bogus Basin, just a few miles from Boise, and play golf in the afternoon. The weather is hard to beat here. Not much wind, hot summers, beautiful springs, and long mellow autumns. The mountains get lots of snow, filling our irrigation resevoirs, keeping our rivers running all summer. We have miles and miles of white water, numerous lakes and resevoirs, hiking, biking, horse, snowmobile, and atv trails. Hunting and fishing are favorite activities. We have big and little farms and ranches, orchards, vineyards and lots of little homesteads. WE also have a good support for farms, with vets, feed stores, equipment dealers, and livestock auction yards. SW Idaho is a great place to live.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  11:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Today we sign the closing paperwork, selling our beautiful 10 acre 4 seasons farm on the Palouse. I have enjoyed living here. It is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the planet. It is the most wonderful place I have ever lived.

There are many reasons for selling it. The number one reason is that I lost my battle with the County on putting a wind farm up in my beautiful panorama -- the very beauty that beckoned to me and drew me to the place... I'm afraid that it will never be the same.

Fortunately for us, there are folks who don't care about having a wind farm 1.5 miles behind them, up on a ridge. I do care, because I know all about the so-called wind industry. I have no ill feelings toward the guys who are up on the ridges just trying to make a living in this horrid economy. Many of them come into town to eat and they have even remarked about the beauty of the area and questioned how anyone would want to put these monsters up in such a beautiful place. They are only putting food on the table for their families. The developer is the one who has lied, and in my opinion, probably paid off some of our county people in order to get this thing in the zoning. Oh, well -- I will have another farm one day and I again want to live in an area that has 4 seasons, preferably with "dry" snow. Here in EA WA our snow is mostly dry and it is so much nicer than the wet sticky stuff. Dry snow is powdery and fluffy! We love it.

I won't be buying dirt anytime soon, though. My suggestion to any of you who are looking is to make certain that you settle where a wind farm cannot be sited or where other industrial development cannot inflict blight on the landscape. . .

We'll be cruising in our new 5th wheel and looking for a place to settle one day up the road. But,for now we will be living the life of gypsies, going from town to town and state to state. Our home base will be Moscow, ID.

I wish all the best to those who are looking for their dream farm and to those who have found one. I hope to find a sweet little farmette one day, on the outskirts of a small town in America -- a place that cannot be industrialized or ruined on a false premise.
Best wishes to all.

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Every day on the farm is JOY to the soul!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Caroline, I am sorry you have had to sell your home, but you are now off to a new adventure. This great country is so diverse and wonderful. Good luck and enjoy the experience. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Kennie Lynn.

We are off on our new adventure -- FIRST thing we are doing is becoming Idahoans!!! Yahoo!

We are getting out of Whitless County, WA and going to Moscow! Then we hit the road for EVERYWHERE. . . some day we will have another special place, in a scenic, serene country setting... someplace where there is NO WIND WHATSOEVER.

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Every day on the farm is JOY to the soul!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  2:40:07 PM  Show Profile
I am a lifelong Idahoan. We were in Wyoming for 3 years, and it was fun, but I am glad to be home. So welcome Caroline. There is much to see and do in Idaho.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  2:35:56 PM  Show Profile
@ Rachell: Nature has her own timetable, and it's a pretty flexible one! I couldn't promise that each season would be delivered exactly on each equinox and solstice, but here in rural Virginia, we've got all of what you're looking for.

@ Carolyn: Wow! what a fabulous photograph. What happens in each of the buildings? Do tell :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking for the perfect 4 season farm Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page