Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Bull Riding Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  4:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Does any one watch Bull Riding? I love it! Who is your favorite bull rider? I like J. B Mauney, Austin Meier, Renato Nunes (I love to see him do the flips if he rides for 8 seconds), Kidy Lostroh, and Ben Jones (I love to see him do his dance, that's funny).
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  6:23:17 PM  Show Profile
I have been watching so long that all my favs are now announcing. I like Mike Lee and Chris Shivers. I was at an event and the lady next to me was absolutely nuts about Adriano and she couldn't wait any longer and left to go to the restroom and missed his ride. She was a mess.
They really take a beating some time and My heart catches and they seem to get up time and time again. I have no idea how.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  7:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Diana:
I like Mike Lee and Chris Shivers. I think Chris Shivers may be from Louisiana. I wish Justin McBride was still riding. He is into singing now.
Thanks for the post under Sporty Farmgirls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  2:06:59 PM  Show Profile
I enjoy bull riding, but I haven't watched it in so long I don't know who is riding these days!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Austin Meier and Reese Cates are my top two favorites. Cates just had his jaw broken this week, so he'll be out for awhile :(
Ben Jones is also another favorite, he's fun to watch!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Jessica: I love to watch Ben Jones dance. He makes me laugh!
Isn't this the second time Cates breaks his jaw? I had my jaw broken.
That is not fun, and you loose a lot of weight because you can't eat too much.
LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:58:20 PM  Show Profile
No, this is the first broken jaw for him that I've heard of, but I just looked at his PBR page to double check. lol
His surgery left him with 4 plates and 16 screws!

Before the surgery, his post the night that he was injured announced: "I'm ok just broke jaw in 2-3 places and lost teeth so no need to worry."

I can't imagine having a broken jaw! :/

~jess

Edited by - jessabelluh on Jan 14 2012 6:00:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:48:13 PM  Show Profile
I can't imagine riding a bull for 8 seconds. Can you????????
And- when the bull starts stomping on the riders, OMGoodness.
That must, Have to, hurt.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Eight seconds feels like so long even just when watching them ride, I can in no way imagine actually trying to hold on!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:56:29 PM  Show Profile
I really enjoy bull riding events. Don't get to watch PBR very often, but do get to the local bull riding. It's exciting to watch the young kids learning. Can't imagine being their moms!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  7:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Vicki: Or their girlfriends. I'd be biting my fingers all the time if they were my sons.
I've seen some of the events where the bull just stomps all over those riders.
Even their shirts are torn up.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Well the boys are starting to buck so I will be watching 2 channels at a time Packers and the Bulls.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm flipping channels too!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  4:13:06 PM  Show Profile
I agree, can't imagine being the mom of a young bull rider. We watch bull riding almost every weekend at our local fairgrounds. Most of these guys are high school & college age, but lately there have been three boys probably 9 or 10 yrs old. They do ride smaller bulls & they don't buck as much, but still. Yikes!! My son (8) would love to give it a try & I am sticking to my guys...NO!
Overly cautious mom?
Beth
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  5:08:37 PM  Show Profile
Beth: What will you tell them when they are older and still want to ride bulls?
But I do enjoy watching the fellows ride. And when they do stay on for 8 seconds, wow....
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  5:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Ummm...not sure what I will say...I guess I will go secretly wrap him in bubblewrap under his clothes so no one knows!LOL
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  5:40:24 PM  Show Profile
There's a song for everything - "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys". If they really want to, I guess you can't really stop them, just make sure they have the correct protective gear! I'm glad the cowboys are out there, cuz I sure do love bull riding and rodeos!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  8:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Vicki: Me. too!!!!!!! I love everything about rodeos. Every year I say I'm going to go to Las Vegas to see the finale of Bull Riding, but I never do. I'll have to put that on my Bucket List. LOL.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  08:34:00 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE bull riding and my favorite rider is anyone who gets on a bull. I'm going to be real honest here I love what I call the cheap bulls not the PBR bulls. They seem to be alittle more rank and don't always run to the gate when the cowboy gets bucked off. Now I don't mean harm to anyone but I like to see the bull be just a little diffcult and watch the rodeo clowns/dancers (not sure what their title is now days)work them out the gate. I have alot of respect for anyone who rides bulls, man or woman. It's my favorite sport.

Edited by - hoosiercountry on Jan 16 2012 08:37:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  5:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Going to the NFR is an experience. I have been to the PBR finals once and the NFR twice a few years back. It was so exciting. In my hometown we have Bull Wars on New Year's Eve. It is sponsored by a local stock contracter and mostly local cowboys. This past time, they had quite a few 10-12 year old boys riding steers and some mini bulls. Some of those little bulls were really mean!

Karla - they're called Bull Fighters. That's another fun thing to see - bull figher competitions. They usually get the bulls a bit riled up so they can show off their skills.

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  7:13:47 PM  Show Profile
I love to watch the Bull Fighters. I often wonder if the Bull Fighters were once bull riders. They are so good at jumping over those bulls and getting out of their way.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Bull Riding Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page