JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  6:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Today I made my very first completely from scratch homemade bread! I usually use my bread machine. It is so yummy with my homemade peach preserves! I am so excited I just had to share. Even my picky 5 year old loves it.

FarmGirl Sister#2904

"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  6:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Another thing you can try is to use your dough cycle on your bread machine. It will mix and prepare through the first rise. Then take it out, punch it down, put it in your pan and let it rise again. Then bake in your oven. It makes the process so easy. I made three loaves today.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  6:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Justine, Great job!! Store-bought bread will never taste as good again!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  6:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Yum, yum, yummy!!! Homemade bread from scratch!!! I can smell it...... OMG..... One of my favorite things to eat. And peach preserves. Oh my... I'll be thinking of that all night.
I do bake bread, but I use a bread machine.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  8:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Justine! I helped the school-agers in the summer make whole wheat bread, and they totally devoured it! It tastes so much better than the bought stuff. I'm waiting for my mom's old bread pan & some more bread pans (to bake it in) so that I can make a bunch of loaves to have in the freezer (I remember Mom making at least 15 loaves at a time, plus cinnamon buns) - baked & unbaked. I just hope it all turns out! (And before I do that, I need to get my table "fixed" so I can actually mix up the bread on it! My counter is way too tiny!)

And I'm jealous of the peach preserves too...sounds so yummy!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  07:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! Store bought bread just doesn't compare! Now to get my aunt's bread recipe. Hee hee hee. Her bread is so good. I love my bread machine but this was a lot of fun. I especially like making our pizza crust in the bread machine. I definitely need to get more bread pans now so I can make more bread. I am going to have to make whole wheat bread now! Marly, those preserves were my first too. I think of all the jams and preserves I mad this summer, the peach are my favorite. Today however, I'm off to fulfill a promise of Snickerdoodles. Those I've made many times. Ha ha ha ha.

FarmGirl Sister#2904

"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My first bread! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page