Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 sewing/ craft area
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic sewing/ craft area Next Topic  

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:12:28 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited! I am taking the front room of our old dairy barn (concrete block building) and converting it to "my space". In the house I have things stacked in closets and have to practically stand on my head to get project supplies out. When I am done for the day I have to pack it back up and "reload" the closet. This will have an area I can get to things easily. A big picture window letting in light and loads of room! I painted doors today,hung shelves,etc. I really enjoyed playing out there today. It will take time. I am using stuff we already have. I placed old throw rugs out there and didnt worry if they matched. I got a gal. of paint at lowes on the clearance shelf for $5 for the doors.

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Lea! Sounds like a beautiful spot for your crafting and creativness! I know I'm jealous! Lol
If you can some pictures of the before/after would be great!
Good luck to you!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Lea, How exciting!! I hope you can post some photos. It sounds so interesting. My little craft space is in a room behind our bedroom where the ceiling slopes along with the roofline. Since I'm only 5 foot tall, I can walk right up to the lowest part of the room, and still stand up straight. My husband is over 6 ft tall, and he bumps his head whenever he comes in that part of the room, so he calls it the "no husband" zone. It is nice to have your own space!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Lea, it sounds wonderful!!! Can't wait to see some pictures:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  9:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Lea, congrats and good luck. I only have a corner of the basement and it's an unfinished basement to boot. I clear the cobwebs every month on the first. You are so lucky to have a space to call your own that you can make into what you want/dream it to be. Be happy and have fun!

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  07:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Lea, that sounds like crafters "paradise". I turned our guest bedroom into my "Project Room" . . if we have guests we put up an airbed on a frame. But that's so rare that it better serves as a room for my work. And, it is a "busy room". I do my sewing in an area of our utility room which is a big room and has vinyl flooring (I sew a LOT and the thread mess on the floor would be impossible on carpet). Anyway, it's SOOOOO NICE when we creative farmgirls can have SPACE!!!
Yes, pics would be such fun.
Have a wonderful time with it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  07:29:16 AM  Show Profile
It must be the New Year because everyone is revamping their space or creating new ones. Yours sounds fabulous Lea and what fun redecorating and making it your own. Maybe you can send a picture when your are finished.
I have been working on my Stitching Room for two days and am happy to announce I can now walk through the middle of it and let me tell you that was a thrill! I am ready to start creating.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  08:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Your own "Woman Cave"! Wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  08:45:17 AM  Show Profile
Lea, Congratulations. It sounds wonderful. I made our small guest room into a craft room for myself and am still working on it. I love it because it makes me feel great just having a room with things I love so much.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  08:23:58 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Lea - our house is set up funny and I don't have my own space. My husband thinks we can share a room that is 8x10 - I'm thinking no but it is sweet of him to offer. Enjoy your personal space!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Colina
Homosassa FL
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  08:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Send rubyleesmom a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Lea! Sounds like a wonderful place to "get away" and do some crafting! It must be so exciting! I live in a mobile home and have to share my little crafting room with a tanning bed, a big shelf where we keep our canned goods, ALL our extra blankets and any thing else that finds its way in that room lol! Needless to say, I get a little corner with my table and there are stacks of fabric and projects all over.. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic sewing/ craft area Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page