Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 First day out looking for my farm!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic First day out looking for my farm!!! Next Topic  

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Today is the first time my hubby and I have gone to look at farms! Yay! I can't tell you how excited I was, although I think you know the feeling!
We saw only three and they were not what we were looking for, but that's fine. At least it has begun!
Next weekend we will see some more!
Hugs,
Terri

Every day is a new opportunity for joy!

wandrinbear
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

beth
az
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  06:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Good luck and have fun.
Looking is delicious mix of fun and frustration.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  06:30:39 AM  Show Profile
oh wow...that sounds like so much fun....... you could tell us what are you looking for in a farm????? Then we can have more fun visualizing the whole process....keep us informed weekend to weekend, please .

Beverly

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  08:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful! I am so excited for you! In about a year we get to start looking at land seriously- it's such an exciting time. I hope you find the right place!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I hope we can go back out this weekend too. We are looking for a small farm, maybe 20-50 acres. I don't mind if it is bare land, or if it has an old house, and a barn, shed or whatever on it. Either way, it will work. What I really want is my own little peaceful spot. We would like to build a "green" house eventually.

Our most difficult challenge is to decide where we want it! We have three states we are interested in, and two areas in our own state we are looking at. Have any of you looked for land in mulit states? It seems complicated. There are many reasons why we could live in each place. So we thought we would begin close at home first. To look around and get an idea. Then in February we will look in one of our other possible states. We want to see that one in winter for sure.

We have decided to have chickens for sure. I am hoping for goats too. Later down the road, if I feel confident : ) I hope to get a couple cows! Yay! I haven't had a proper veggie garden for ages now, and can't wait to have space to do it. Right now I am in a neighborhood with lots of rules. So I only have a potted garden of herbs, tomatoes, and such.

Thanks for all your encouragement. I will post a pic if I get any places I am interested in.

Terri

Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  11:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Terri this is exciting! I hope you don't have to look too long. Looking in other states does sound hard to me, let us know how that goes.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  12:01:39 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck to you Terri- That sounds so exciting. My goal for 2012 is to save some more money so that when I am ready for my 2nd home/vacation home within the next 10 years I will be ready. I totally hear ya when you say you just want your own little piece of paradise!
Keep us posted!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  06:39:37 AM  Show Profile
What an exciting step Terri - enjoy the journey!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  7:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jan!
Laurie, I wish you well with your saving. I am working on that end as well.

It is a fun journey, thanks Amy Grace! I will let you know when we go out again, next time I hope to take some pictures.

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic First day out looking for my farm!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page