Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Coming to the fence and blowing kisses to you all!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Coming to the fence and blowing kisses to you all! Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  11:47:06 AM  Show Profile
I spend most of my time on facebook these days..I write a great deal there offering whatever support I can to many who are facing the ravages of cancer...particularly in children. My farmgirl sisters, there is no doubt, despite our best efforts to gussy and lighten it up, that when cancer comes knocking everything in one's life shifts.

This shift is unbelievable and all consuming. It feels global where no aspect of one's life is untouched.

But the miracle is that after a long period time walking along the survivor's path, we shift back. Little by little, one's old life is re-claimed.

So it is with us. Aria, my now 8 year old daughter is fast approaching when she was diagnosed with leukemia 4 years ago. I know! It seems like yesterday and at the same time so so so very long ago! She's rocking the halls of 2nd grade. Her hair is long and beautiful. She loves to brush it. She fears losing it again and has a hard time seeing herself bald. Pictures of that time bring a strange sorrow to her. She knows she could have died and looking at herself without hair, so fragile and ill, brings that truth in glaring form. It's fun when we look at the pictures of her bald when I had the creative energy and knowing to decorate her head with henna, stickers and paints. That eases the bitterness of that time a great deal.

But Aria today is NOT the Aria of 4 years ago. The life within her is really beyond what I can write. We have so much life again! I'm back to gardening, raising chickens, sewing like crazy, cooking up a storm, volunteering at the kids' schools, hosting sweet 16 parties here at the farm, writing...It's such a blessing.

It's nice to be back here at this fence. I clung to it in those early days, months and years. I'm sorry I don't check in more often than I do because I miss it here. A lot! But I'm pulled elsewhere..into the lives of people struggling with the shift. Although my life, as it swings to what it once was feeds my Spirit, you all feed my Soul! So I must come visit more often than I do. In the meantime, I hope you are all well. I'm blowing kisses far and wide!!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile
I am blowing kisses back and knowing that the healing path is a life unto itself. I went thru four different cancer battles with my husband and so I understand that life path. You are loved and great to have to back. Hugs to you and your family.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Julia:
It is nice to see your post. And- I wish only blessings from now on to you and your family. I went through two cancer battles; one with my mom years ago, and one with my sister a few years ago. They are both on the other side now. Hugs to Aria.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6619 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6619 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  12:14:05 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful to hear from you with the fabulous update on Aria, miracles do happen as your family knows. We will always continue to keep Aria and your family in our hearts and prayers. Hope you will be able to stop by more often as we have missed you.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 06 2012 12:26:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  12:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Big Farmgirl Hugs and Kisses to you Julia!
So nice to see you dropping by to say hello. And have no worries- we TOTALLY understand that you've been away for a while, and really commend you on your helping of others who have walked or are walking your path.
SO happy to hear that Aria is doing so great!
Wishing you continued Blessings and all things good in 2012!
Be Well, and enjoy "Being".
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey neighbor,,,, I'm waving to you all from over here,,,,
I miss you sweet one....
Hey remember your "turkey Story" you shared (several years ago)with Judy, Brenda & I over at Brambleberrys for tea? Well now I too have a Turkey story... we need to share a cup of tea so I can tell you mine... better yet show you the mud all over my jeep from my recent encounter with a turkey! lol!
Hugz
gracie

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  09:52:59 AM  Show Profile
So nice to hear from you Julia!! But best of all that Aria is doing great. That is the best news. Sounds like you are as busy as ever. We need more Julia's in this world.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  10:02:53 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful post! My girlfriend's daughter was diagnosed with leukemia at 2 and after a LONG battle, she is a beautiful, happy, loving 9 years old little girl (with beautiful long hair, too!). Aria and your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Sabrena

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  1:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Julia - so thankful this day has come. It was so far away once. Thank you Lord. Good to read your post. Rock on Aria!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 07 2012 1:40:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Julis..so good to hear from you! Wonderful news of Aria! Caught that kiss and it feels good! Back at you, and Aria too!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Julie, thank you for sharing with us that didn't know about Aria, I send prayers and warm thought to her and your family. I also would like to say how wonderful your write. I have a brother who is battling cancer and know it takes it's toll....I can't imagine having my child go thru that...bless you all and glad to here she is good good at this time and is a happy child.....thank you again for sharing

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  10:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear Friends! How wonderful to read your comments here. Just thrills my ever-living soul! Katmom..I have GOT to hear that Turkey story. Lordy! I just told someone the other day about that road kill situation of mine. Hilarious! Did you roast yours or was it too muddy? Hahaha..can't wait to hear...

I'm working on setting up my Etsy store again. I lean toward being rather superstitious and 4 years ago in November shortly after I turned 42 I opened it. It was going great and I was really getting the swing of things when about 3 weeks later Aria started to act weird. I could NOT for the life of me figure out what the heck was wrong. She was fussy all the time and I remember describing her to someone that it was like she wasn't comfortable in her own skin. It was strange. Just before Christmas was when the horrific bone pain set in...It was in one shoulder and after being tested all was okay..It went away and then a few weeks later showed up completely unexpectedly in the OTHER shoulder. That's when I knew. The date of her diagnosis is THIS Tuesday. January 14th. ('08). It is still so raw. Hard to believe after 4 years but it is.

So anyway, I had to shut my Etsy store down as you can imagine. I have a TON of inventory and I mean a TON..So it's time to set it back up again but I was nervous...didn't want to jinx anything. I'm in the process of taking pictures. So if I could trouble you to please send me positive vibes in this regard. Just positive good luck is all. Much of what I'm selling is for fundraising. I took to making vintage button rings and sell them for 10 bucks....all of which is donated to childhood cancer research. I'm pretty proud of that..Those little nuggets of information will be included in my Etsy store too. Anyway...just need a little farmgirl good luck juju!!

Thanks friends..sending so much love your way! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  6:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julia! It's wonderful to hear from you again and with such wonderful news about Aria too! I can't believe she is 8 already! Wow! I remember making her little doll.....my husband had just left for his first tour to Afghanistan and I needed a project to throw myself into, but didn't know what to do. Then I thought of Aria and how she might like a doll. That project helped me through those first very lonely days without my Hubby. Funny how things work out and how we help each other out without even knowing it! Kinda like your Etsy site. You get to be creative all the while helping the kids out too. Fantastic!!
I'm thrilled to hear things are going so well for you and your family. I'll keep you close in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Coming to the fence and blowing kisses to you all! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page