Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Little Drummer Girl; Happy Christmas with Violet!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Little Drummer Girl; Happy Christmas with Violet! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  06:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share a favorite Christmas morning pic of Violet--she loved her drum that Santa brought, along with seemingly every other toy from the workshop I am posting, too, a pic of Violet and her little vintage tea set that I bought for $12 at our local antique mall. It has owls on it (as does her drum)...we've always called her a "hoot" so that's her icon, I suppose.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  07:36:46 AM  Show Profile
she is so beautiful! how fun- I wish I was there playing with her!!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  07:38:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lori--this Christmas was such a treat, seeing it through her eyes. It's been a rough December with all the broken things, but she made me forget it all!

Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
She is so adorable!! Christmas is so much fun with the little ones!!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  08:13:04 AM  Show Profile
What a doll!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  08:23:12 AM  Show Profile
What a sweetheart - she has grown so much - treasure the moments, even the frustrating ones! Someday you and she will look back and laugh about them - I'm getting that reward now with my college-age son:)

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  09:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Love it, Jonni! Violet Mae Lynch, the all girl band! First a piano, now a drum! Can't wait to be serenaded! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Janice! You'd have loved the "all Grouch band" led later by Violet at Mom's--she bought her some sort of "band in the box" complete with finger cympals, triangle, tambourine, maracas and castinetts and we played something that "sortof" resembled Carmen. She kept yelling, "play the musica faster, mahmee!"

Give her a sec and she'll strum the guitar, play the harmonica and drum or whatever you've got lying about, Janice. Justin and talked about sending her to you for a week in the summer when she's older, so you two can jam together :)

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Cool! I'm looking forward to that, for sure! You know I've got several tambourines. Not to mention deccorative maracas hanging around! Think she'd let me use her finger cymbals??? For several years now, I've been in the market for a nice Desi Arnaz style drum! :) Just can't seem to find one. We could sit on the front porch and let the dogs howl along, too!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:31:46 AM  Show Profile
I know she'll let you borrow them, Janice--she handed out each instrument that night by saying, "Heahyago! Play musica, awright?" then on to the next person :) She's very willing to share when it's a potential sing a long! And how much fun would that be on the porch--dogs howling, crickets chirping. She would think that was the bomb!

Well, she'll be very happy to see those instruments--and I sent David some more pics via email so hope he gets them to you :0

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:43:31 AM  Show Profile
hOW CUTE!! Can't belive how fast she has grown up, seems like we were just seeing her new born pictures.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:56:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nancy Jo--yep, time is flying and I'm trying to love each and every second of it. I really love this age, for sure! She's too much fun right now!

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  4:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jonnie I almost have the cabin cleaned again, when do we get together, hope you all had a very merry christmas, It was sad here in fact the past three weeks has been like a funeral about to happen. Yeah shes gone again, Sterl and I are both just killed. When you get time give me a call.Treasure little Violet, Tell her we will have another christmas as soon as you can come down, I gotta call Janice , Just havent been up to talking for awhile Love ya,I think I saw a little red skate on your tree

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  6:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe how big she has gotten! She is such a beautiful girl! Someday we will have to get Nora and Violet together!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2882 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2882 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  6:42:39 PM  Show Profile
Jonni
Maybe she can play with the Liberty Band at the next Asparagus Festival. Our percussion section is slowly dwindling! (& no, I am not kiddng, Maggie, our director encourages the youngsters to sit & contribute wherever they can)
& I would love it if she wore her tutu...Which I am still waiting for a picture of. I know she has the slippers on her PJ's, but I REALLY want to see that tutu!!!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:44:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Wilma--oh, gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your Christmas. That's just awful. Hope you got my card (I was a bit late in mailing--still have some to mail!) I'll give you a ring and we can talk, maybe this weekend? Yes, you did see your skate ornament on the tree--in fact, all of your ornaments are hanging in various spots--they really make me smile, each time I take them out and put them up. Especially the little Christmas memories booklet that you gave me. I write in it each Christmas day and put it right back up on the tree for safekeeping.

@Alee--she is so tall for her age! It's weird. She almost resembles a 5 year old at times, very "grown up" looking. Hard to believe she's only going to be 3 at the end of February! I would love to get those two mini-farmgirls together--what fun would that be!?!

@Lisa--I bet she would absolutely love to play with the band. She actually does have a pretty good sense of rhythm, so if you give her some cymbals or a triangle or something to bang on, she'll keep right up! Sorry to hear about your dwindling membership...those folks aren't that young, anymore, sadly. Ok, I have a couple of pics of the tutu--one, under the tree, and the other, she's got it over her pj's and her art apron on, too!

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2882 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2882 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:51:13 AM  Show Profile
What a fashionista!
Love it
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  3:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Violet is adorable. Enjoy...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Jonnie she just gets prettier all the time. I cant wait to see her

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Little Drummer Girl; Happy Christmas with Violet! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page