Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 As part of earning my Merit Badge!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic As part of earning my Merit Badge! Next Topic  

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how many of you live in Oregon, in particular, but yesterday my Pacific Power bill included a brochure describing the various power supply options avaiable to residential customers.

I was surprised that PacifiCorp has several "green" options, one of which utilized no coal. I wasn't even aware of where my power came from. I assumed it was mostly from the Bonneville Dam Project with smaller amounts coming from the dams on the North Umpqua River where I live. Now I wonder where the obviously huge coal mine must be that supplies over half, closer to two-thirds, of the power in the Basic Service plan.

I spoke to a PacifiCorp representative and it would cost an additional $10 a month to switch from Basic Service to a "green" service. At this time I cannot afford adding even that small an amount to my monthly bill. Perhaps in the future I can revisit this issue.

If any of you is in the PacifiCorp service area, what plan do you use? I would particularly like to hear from folks who use the all "green" option.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How interesting Loyce! I bet the coal comes from Montana and Wyoming. I know we have several big mines around here. Gillette Wyoming has a MASSIVE strip mine.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic As part of earning my Merit Badge! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page