Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Did you see on The Duggar's website?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did you see on The Duggar's website? Next Topic  

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  12:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Baby 20 passed away.

Prayers for this family.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  2:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting this, Amy. And I sure hope that no one says anything like some of the people posting on some of the sites. Someone said that the Duggars have made God mad. That's just plain ignorant. I don't see how some of them could say such mean hurtful things about them or anyone else. Especially at a time like this. So please, if you don't have anything nice to say... This is a sad time for them and their family. I'm sure prayers and good wishes would be so much more appreciated right now. And I am not directing this at anyone in particular. So please do not get offended. I am just saying what I feel.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  5:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
People can be so awful. I didn't agree with her going again at her age and such, but I am so very sad about the whole thing.

Live and let live is my attitude.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  01:27:16 AM  Show Profile
I love the Duggars, I must say I can't image that many children in my household but to them its a normal event....Her faith gets her through I believe & as for her age...before the invention of birth control having that many babies was not uncommon, just few lived...I believe that they are doing what they feel is their Gods way & I don't think anything is wrong with it...they support those children & do not depend on the Gov't like many would do. I do worry about her as she ages what a baby is doing to her health wise but she has the right like all of us to have children...make that many children if she wants & can....Me? one baby out of 4 lived so I am thankful for the one I have & am now at the age 20+ chickens is about all I can handle...lol...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:14:08 AM  Show Profile
A miscarriage is always a terrible thing regardless of how many children you have.

It reminds me of the passage from Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Having had two miscarriages, my heart is saddened for their loss. What a heartbreaking thing to go through.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:44:37 AM  Show Profile
It's not that unexpected considering her age. I agree with Michele that it wouldn't have been uncommon 30 or 40 years ago before birth control became more common. I've heard of women in their early 50's having kids back then. My girlfriend's mom had her when she was 55. It also wasn't uncommon to miscarry in the latter years of childbearing years either. I heard Jim Bob speaking on tv regarding her health and he said Michelle had been working out daily and was probably in the best shape physically of all her pregnancies. She had also been taking supplements if I recall to help her body. My heart goes out to them as it is sad but their faith will get them through it.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  4:33:36 PM  Show Profile
I respect and enjoy this family. I just heard about this yesterday and they do need our prayers. A loss is a heartbreaking thing.
Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Even though I didn't think it was wise of them to get pregnant again with what happened with Josie (their latest baby), a miscarriage must be a terrible thing to go through, and my prayers and love goes out to the Duggars.
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  08:45:38 AM  Show Profile
First off, I want to say that I know personaly how horrible it is to go thru a miscarriage, I do not watch to show for many reasons....BUT, today it is all over the internet that they gave out pictures of the dead baby to everyone at the funeral services, and that is just...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Tina the picture was actually just a hand & foot print of the baby...no dead baby pics were taken or passed out....I find that very sweet & to think they will always have those prints with them so that baby is never forgotten...such a sad occassion...I had wished when my daug Jade died in the womb i would have done that....all i have to remember her by is her death :(....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
One of the ladies that I crochet with makes dresses or fancy bags for babies that pass away. She always makes a small token for the parents too. She drops them off at the funeral home. Some babies are so small and fragile that they can't be dressed. So she makes something like a bag for them, but maybe purse is a better term. I think this is one of the most beautiful but sad thing.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  10:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amy that is such a wonderful gift your friend is doing for the family & the baby....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:20:40 AM  Show Profile
It certainly is Amy. I had a preterm baby who died/miscarriage. And he was too tiny to wear anything. But, women in the area donated hand made little hats. So in his pictures he at least has a little hat on. Two of mother other children were preemies who thankfully lived, and they also received the hand made hats, from the same group of ladies. I really truly appreciated them. I kept all their little hats, and my son's hat lays in the box with his ashes.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  5:44:56 PM  Show Profile
I saw the pictures and thought they were tastefully done. It isn't something that will be liked by everyone. It made me remember a time when they did take pictures of deceased people. A lot of people still do. When my DD was born and I was looking up diaphragmatic hernia, imagine my surprise to find a website with nothing but pictures of dead babies. It was site people could go to to post their pictures as a way of grieving and knowing they weren't alone. But like I said, it isn't for everyone.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Post mortem photos are a normal part of the grieving process for many, and has been since the invention of photography. I'm willing to bet the farm that anyone with an exhaustive antique family album will find victorian post mortem photos if you knew what to look for (they did not always pose the baby to look like it was sleeping.)Children of all ages as well as babies.

The loss of a child is tragic in any situation. How I feel about the Dugger family's religious observances or reproductive health has nothing to do with the tragedy.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did you see on The Duggar's website? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page